Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Oh, so both fit closest to the sheave. Thought one would go next to the sheave and one in the cup on top.

·
Vendor
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why not ones in the cup up top next to the nut to keep it from rubbing there too?
It will only rub on one end, one end should stay stationary. Picture it this way, the sheave under the spring is what is moving toward the other end of the spring and is twisting in the process, so the bottom end is the one that needs to turn on the spring

And you have to have two they are what rub against each other freely two slippery surfaces on each other. Kinda like a bearing

·
Vendor
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Try that again, I fixed the site. I forgot why I ever put that setting in there to begin with.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention

Todd

·
Registered
123 Posts
Try that again, I fixed the site. I forgot why I ever put that setting in there to begin with.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention

Todd[/QUOTE

Decided to order these with the purple secondary spring & 16gr weights. My sheave kit ( gold spring/18gr.) has yet to be installed due to my work schedule. I have added 28" tires & im a bigger guy plus the additional weight from all the accessories I've added.

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Definitely curious to see how the purple spring performs with heavy tires. I'll install those washers this week. Been wanting to try out my new socket.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Definitely curious to see how the purple spring performs with heavy tires. I'll install those washers this week. Been wanting to try out my new socket.
Lol I hear ya. Is it 42mm or 45mm? I bought both , I will wait until my spring & stuff arrives then do it all . PCV & sheave ......one tear down!! I will be installing my 2" gorilla axle lift tomorrow & I ordered the spanner wrench through yamaha for the shocks. Will post pics!!

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
It's a 46mm nut. I bought the 46mm 3/4in socket and a 3/4 to 1/2inch adapter. 46MM (1 13/16") 6PT. Only have a 1/2inch air impact wrench.

Have a spanner wrench that works ok for the back but fronts are a pain I kept hitting the lights and other stuff in there. Just used a big screw driver and a hammer for the fronts.

·
Vendor
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lol I hear ya. Is it 42mm or 45mm? I bought both , I will wait until my spring & stuff arrives then do it all . PCV & sheave ......one tear down!! I will be installing my 2" gorilla axle lift tomorrow & I ordered the spanner wrench through yamaha for the shocks. Will post pics!!
Amber sent you an email about CA shipping and I wanted to know did you need the second set of primary cam plate slides?

Get in touch with us, call or email

Todd

·
Registered
123 Posts
Amber sent you an email about CA shipping and I wanted to know did you need the second set of primary cam plate slides?

Get in touch with us, call or email

Todd
Todd,

I received Amber's email regarding shipping & approved it! Thanks for the fast service this is my 3rd order from you , and like always ......fast & courteous !!! I have the cam weights that I ordered with the first complete kit from you. Will I need different ones ? It's all still in the box, I just figured I'd order the purple spring & 16gr weights wasn't aware I needed different cam plate slides?

Thanks

·
Vendor
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Todd,

I received Amber's email regarding shipping & approved it! Thanks for the fast service this is my 3rd order from you , and like always ......fast & courteous !!! I have the cam weights that I ordered with the first complete kit from you. Will I need different ones ? It's all still in the box, I just figured I'd order the purple spring & 16gr weights wasn't aware I needed different cam plate slides?

Thanks
You didn't need them but at least you have a new set for now

IT got out the door before I read this.

Thanks,
Todd

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Put the washers in last night. I hate that secondary bolt. LOL Socket was to big to put the tire rim over and use it. Just had to loosen the nut up with the impact a little then put the tire over and hold it down. It just unscrewed by hand then. Still need to put the bed and stuff back on tonight.

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Good info Todd :D I was putting some reflective heat tape on the bottom of the bed anyway. Wanted to see if I could reduce the bed temps a little. It's kind of funny what we do. The day before a big ride, we cook some steaks and cut them in strips. Then put them in the trunk box to heat up. By the end of the day we have some nice warm steak to eat. LOL

·
Vendor
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Good info Todd :D I was putting some reflective heat tape on the bottom of the bed anyway. Wanted to see if I could reduce the bed temps a little. It's kind of funny what we do. The day before a big ride, we cook some steaks and cut them in strips. Then put them in the trunk box to heat up. By the end of the day we have some nice warm steak to eat. LOL
ha!!!

Did you get the Power Commander? Reason I ask, it should reduce the temps due to adding some fuel in the lower throttle positions

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Yes, it's installed. No more poping on decel and it isn't nearly as hot back there. Just a good warming plate now instead of a cooking plate. The bed doesn't get that hot but inside the trunk box where there is no airflow stays warm. It's really nice to pull out some nice warm dry towels after getting soaked.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts