Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
So, I found a claw rip type sticker online that I liked. When I got it, it was smaller than indicated. I put it on the hood. I'm not sure I like it. Was just wondering what some of you think?

20171209_165413.jpg

20171209_153403.jpg

Reactions: Flyer and TINKEN

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry about the sideways pics. :(

·
Registered
149 Posts
Looks good!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Nice design! I've had this same decal on my past 3 machines. Just put it on the wolverine too.

Tank skull.JPG
Hood sticker - honda.JPG
wolvy hood.jpg

How'd you mount the blue lights behind the grill though? been looking at doing the same thing to mine.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice design! I've had this same decal on my past 3 machines. Just put it on the wolverine too.

View attachment 54754
View attachment 54762
View attachment 54770

How'd you mount the blue lights behind the grill though? been looking at doing the same thing to mine.
The lights are a 12 volt led strip that is 3M adhesive backed. I ran it on the underside lip of the plastic that the bottom of the hood fits into. Then I wired it to a cheap waterproof switch I installed in the dash.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Looks good man, I also like the blue backlight in the front grill.... stop giving me ideas damn it!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looks good man, I also like the blue backlight in the front grill.... stop giving me ideas damn it!
Lol, my bad. It looks pretty badass in the dark. I'll try to remember to take a pic at night.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I took a couple more pics with it a bit darker outside. 20171212_172418.jpg 20171212_172435.jpg 20171212_172516.jpg

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ugh, I don't know why some pics are sideways.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Oh yeah, that looks really awesome. I'm not huge on 'bling' but that's classy, and matches the blue, I bet it makes it even faster too! ;)

Are you able to provide a link to which LEDs you got? and any concern about the 3M tape? I was considering doing something similar in the roof, as an interior light.

Thanks for the pics and great ideas!

cheers.

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
Ugh, I don't know why some pics are sideways.
You are taking them sideways with your cell phone (held vertically). Photos need to be taken horizontally for upright posting on a computer (see your 3rd pic is taken horizontally like a normal camera pic). Now keep in mind it also matters which end is to the left or right, you may be taking them upside down. Practice and you will see.

·
Registered
527 Posts
You are taking them sideways with your cell phone (held vertically). Photos need to be taken horizontally for upright posting on a computer (see your 3rd pic is taken horizontally like a normal camera pic). Now keep in mind it also matters which end is to the left or right, you may be taking them upside down. Practice and you will see.
Furthermore, if you uploaded them to your computer first, and then correctly rotated them, it should also work. This is a PITA if you post directly from your phone though.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you. I will from now on.

Reactions: MORSNO

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh yeah, that looks really awesome. I'm not huge on 'bling' but that's classy, and matches the blue, I bet it makes it even faster too! ;)

Are you able to provide a link to which LEDs you got? and any concern about the 3M tape? I was considering doing something similar in the roof, as an interior light.

Thanks for the pics and great ideas!

cheers.
Thank you. I will look into a link for these. As far as the interior, I did an LED strip in white across the length of the roof. 20171102_162718.jpg

Reactions: erik and atkbike

·
Registered
527 Posts
Thanks, that looks good! So no concerns about the 3M tape? Would love a picture of how bright the LED for the cab is at night. :)

Maybe I'm getting crazy, but I wonder if blue LEDs for the interior would be cool or ridiculous looking... haha

cheers.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks, that looks good! So no concerns about the 3M tape? Would love a picture of how bright the LED for the cab is at night. :)

Maybe I'm getting crazy, but I wonder if blue LEDs for the interior would be cool or ridiculous looking... haha

cheers.
I'll try to take a pic tonight. Blue would look good as well. I had this one for my truck that I never used. It's made for a pickup bed underneath the side rail.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
sweet, thanks Flex!
No problem! I will try to post the night pic of the interior light tomorrow. I will tell you that it is very bright.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts