Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey all.
Bought an r-spec model last week and took it to Brown's Camp for its inaugural voyage. The machine did great and its kicked way more butt than I ever expected.
I managed to put 5.1hrs on it that first trip and my only gripe is the darn CARB-spec tune on the ECU. I had to go through this whole song and dance on my street legal ktm500, but I had no idea the same was going on for non-plateable vehicles too. Looks like an exhaust and tuner are in my near future.

The machine is mostly for my wife, who is struggling to overcome fear of her dirt bike after full ACL reconstruction last year, but still wants to get out and explore. We are active travelers and will be doing some local (and not-so local) jamborees and the such. Already got the La Pine and Oakridge jamborees on my radar. We also spend part of the summers in Mammoth Lakes, CA so if any Eastern Sierra folks are on here feel free to chime in. I want to do the Walker, CA jamboree in June, but my son will still be in school so that will have to wait.

We are also avid dirt bikers and semi-avid boaters, so if you're local and into the same stuff then holler at me. Wife and I are in our 40's and son is 9yo.

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I picked up my Wolverine for a similar reason. My wife rolled her Grizzly twice last year, once she went over the front on a steep downhill and caught a deep washout with a front tire, the other was being thrown off the back on a steep 1-1/2 mile mountain climb. The second trip ended in an emergency room visit.

Don't forget to share pictures of your adventures...love seeing other parts of the country.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Welcome. Near the top there is a member map you can pin yourself on and look at others that have done so. May help you locate a few wolverine riders near you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks all!
I had added a pin to the map and I will post some pics next time I get out. Which will hopefully be soon!

In the meantime, I need to get the tuner and research on aftermarket sheaves. I dont quite understand if an aftermarket sheave can engage the trans earlier and rev out further then why wouldn't Yamaha provide this same dimension sheave from the factory!?!? it sounds like a win-win situatation for both performance and reliability.

I got a lot to learn!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts