Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been lurking for a while now. Learned a lot and still have a bunch of threads to dig through.

Put a deposit down on an X2 rspec today. Getting conflicting info from the sales guys so who knows when it’ll be here. Did find one in Utah available now that I might jump on. It’ll be about $500 more plus gas to get there and back.

Plan to set it up as a high desert explorer/chukar assault rig to haul bird dogs around in.

-Travis

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome! The wait is the hardest part...
Yeah reading a bit on here I might just pull trigger on Utah one. Plus I’m not a huge fan of local dealer. The screwed me over in 2003 on a yz250f dirt bike.
The sales guy I talked to on the phone on Monday said they’d have an x4 and and x2 being setup today and I could take measurements on both. He wasn’t in today and other sales guy said they didn’t have x4s scheduled for delivery this week or next. First sales guy said they get 4 of each in a month and only had 1 deposit on an x2 and 2 on x4s for December. Sales guy today said they’re not getting anymore until Feb.

Utah one is looking better and better.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I live in Middleton. No Offense but the local dealers here are rip off's. I drove to Salmon for mine. Just MSRP+Tax. The dealer in Baker City Oregon is also great. No fees.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I live in Middleton. No Offense but the local dealers here are rip off's. I drove to Salmon for mine. Just MSRP+Tax. The dealer in Baker City Oregon is also great. No fees.
I understand about local dealers. I fired off emails to dealers from bend to slc. Salmon dealer didn’t respond along with many of the smaller dealers. I talked to Oregon Trail in Baker on the phone and they didn’t seem real motivated to talk to me. Do you have a contact at the Salmon dealer? You can pm me their contact info, I’ll give them a call. My deposit is refundable.
Travy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I understand about local dealers. I fired off emails to dealers from bend to slc. Salmon dealer didn’t respond along with many of the smaller dealers. I talked to Oregon Trail in Baker on the phone and they didn’t seem real motivated to talk to me. Do you have a contact at the Salmon dealer? You can pm me their contact info, I’ll give them a call. My deposit is refundable.
Travy
Stupid autocorrect. Travis not Travy

·
Registered
246 Posts
Travy
Both at the salmon dealer and the baker city dealer you need to speak with the owner. The owner in baker city is a lady, the other guy there who answers the phone is terrible. I have driven to salmon twice now, once for my Rmax and again for a Raptor 90 for my son. The dealer is called wild side sports, again make sure you talk with the owner. You can mention my name if you want (Lucas). Another good dealer if you are up for a drive is Florence Yamaha. No fees at any of the dealers I have mentioned to you. I would rather drive 20 hours than having to pay set up fee and freight.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Both at the salmon dealer and the baker city dealer you need to speak with the owner. The owner in baker city is a lady, the other guy there who answers the phone is terrible. I have driven to salmon twice now, once for my Rmax and again for a Raptor 90 for my son. The dealer is called wild side sports, again make sure you talk with the owner. You can mention my name if you want (Lucas). Another good dealer if you are up for a drive is Florence Yamaha. No fees at any of the dealers I have mentioned to you. I would rather drive 20 hours than having to pay set up fee and freight.
Thanks Lucas
I’m the same I’d drive a long ways for good customer service. When I bought my dirt bike from Oregon Trail I was dealing with the owners daughter, Michelle was her name, she kicked ass.
I’ll give them another call as well as the salmon dealer on Monday or Tuesday.
Travis

1 - 10 of 10 Posts