Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I busted up my grill in my rollover. I've got a new one and was thinking about colorizing it before I put it on. The problem is I am terrible at visualizing how something will look until I actually see it. Anybody have any color suggestion for my grill on the Alpine White SE wolvy? If any of you young whippersnappers had the technological expertise to photoshop a color in that would be awesome.
Spartan front.jpg

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've never used plasti-dip, how is it applied?

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What do you prep with? Acetone?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Don't use acetone on plastic it can actually melt it ... mineral sprite work .. or a no residue painters prep wipe .. plasti dip is super easy to apply .. spray on 6 or so thin coats let dry .. don't like it ... peel it off

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I took a corner too fast trying to catch up to my buddy. It was pretty loose sand I caught a rut and I believe that the sidewalls of the wonderful oem tires rolled over. The beads weren't popped off but there was dirt and weeds wedged between the rims and tires on all 4 wheels. It happened fast so I'm not sure how it transpired but we went over passenger side first, ended up drivers side down and the roof, hood, & grill were smeared with mud. No real serious damage to the buggy. Cracked the roof, got it plastic welded. Broke the grill, got a new one for $113 bucks. Cage held up fine, did pop the paint a bit where it must have flexed in a few places. My leg hit the steering wheel HARD. Either the wheel or steering shaft are slightly bent. Not enough to notice when driving but if you look closely you can see it. I'm going to order a YXZ wheel one of these days and hope its just the hub of the wheel that got distorted.

This was my first ride out on the trail. You have to find the extreme limits of your machine to get maximum performance right? This happened beforeChristmas and my leg is still quite swelled. I didn't capture any video evidence of the rollover or the resulting damage. I didn't think Mrs Roady needed to see the carnage. Here is my leg a couple days after the accident
IMG_20151215_230526461.jpg

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Engineer
1,807 Posts
Ouch! Glad you are okay. I assume you didn't have 4 point harnesses on? The stock belts are not too safe.
The picture should be fine, thanks. Hopefully I can find something you like and you can get your grill hydro dipped.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No 4 point.......Probably should be an investment I make soon, as I didn't have oem belt on either. It is not long enough for me snap closed when wearing heavy winter gear. I'm a big boy. It is uncomfortably snug with just a t shirt on. But I'm working on it....down 20 lbs in last month only about 180 lbs more to go.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
sharp. makes the grill and lights stick out. kinda looks like it's smiling.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That is awesome.......My son had picked the first one...........until I saw the green one..........I really like that.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts