Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I currently ride an 04 660 Grizzly that I purchased new in December of 03. I've never owned a sxs and haven't even had any actual seat time in one on the trails but have rode as a passenger in a razr a few times a couple years back.

In the last few years as the razrs have became so popular, I always said if Yamaha came out with a sxs that was more sport or trail oriented I'd possibly be interested.

I first heard of the wolverine back in Jan through an email from another forum I'm on (grizzly central), it really got my attention. I bet I've watched all the Yamaha videos on it over a dozen times. I've looked at one in person at the first of this month and drove it around the parking lot and up a back road. Didn't get in the throttle even halfway, and the black top really doesn't tell u nothing about the suspension.

It looked diff to me in person than what the vids I watch portray it to be. Meaning I wasn't expecting it to be quite as big and tall. Seems lower and racier watching the vids or at least to me. Setting inside it I didn't feel as down in it as I hoped and expected. But really Id need some actual seat time on the trails to see just how I feel about it. Especially since I'm so new to the sxs game.

I'm gonna wait til they've been out long enough that I can catch some on the trails around here and see how they do and get a ride from someone and maybe get a chance to drive one in its natural element.

I look forward to reading everyone's reviews and thoughts on this new machine as more people purchase and mod them. I've been reading the forum for at least a few weeks now so I've enjoyed everyone's input so far.

Brian

·
Banned
504 Posts
I agree the top and seats should be lower. On trails it eats up the rough stuff way better than I expected. The cvt is loud at higher speeds.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree the top and seats should be lower. On trails it eats up the rough stuff way better than I expected. The cvt is loud at higher speeds.
That's good to hear about the suspension. That's the area that I really want it to shine. U can ride slower powered machines faster with excellent suspension and handling compared to smthing that's overpowered and under suspensioned. I watched the video of the long highway pulls before the jbs sheave. It does get loud, but on the trails I wouldn't be running it that fast but maybe for a split second here and there and it wouldn't have time to top out. Most riding on the trails would be under 25 mph.

About the top-my first thought after seeing it being so high is I'll chop that thing down and lower it to fit me better while still allowing for most passengers I may have to ride without hitting their head. Or fab up a new one. I'm barely 5'5 with boots on, lol. This would also help in the woods where it's tight.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
it looks bigger in person than in pics. the ground clearance was taller than the commander sitting next to it.

im curious as to others thoughts on the low range ratio.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
D
it looks bigger in person than in pics. the ground clearance was taller than the commander sitting next to it.

im curious as to others thoughts on the low range ratio.
Yeah it def has some good clearance for the size tire it has.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts