Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Engineer
1,819 Posts
Oh good, I'm glad you added proper handling of the shims to your video. They are tricky to hold onto once out of the package. I wanted to take a picture of my old Teflon shims, they were permanently damaged due to the end ring on the spring. I actually have quite a few hours on these shims now, tested with open covers, dunking in and out of water, work perfectly.

I have found a couple of threads on the Teflon shims where several other people were having issues with the plastic material being deformed under pressure. I will have to find those and post them for you. And I have found one other company attempting to address the issue, no notable new design as of yet, your slippery washers seem to be a good choice.

·
Engineer
1,819 Posts
I wanted to take a picture of my old Teflon shims, they were permanently damaged due to the end ring on the spring.

I have found a couple of threads on the Teflon shims where several other people were having issues with the plastic material being deformed under pressure. I will have to find those and post them for you. And I have found one other company attempting to address the issue, no notable new design as of yet, your slippery washers seem to be a good choice.
My old shim. Permanently deformed, both on edge and top/bottom with impression marks. The new Slippery Washers are permanent, install once and done.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Wood chisel to be exact.

·
Engineer
1,819 Posts
Haha, it's tough when that camera is pointed at you. I've been testing slippery washers at both ends of my spring. So far it has been working very well. It does add 4mm compression (about 1/8"), but I can't see any greater shift point because of it. The decreased spring bind allows my secondary clutch to back shift quicker without adding super strong springs.

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
We've been adding Delrin washers to snowmobile clutches for years to help with backshifting, good to see it being used on UTV's for the first time. We argue over how many to use 1,2, or 3.

·
Registered
718 Posts
We've been adding Delrin washers to snowmobile clutches for years to help with backshifting, good to see it being used on UTV's for the first time. We argue over how many to use 1,2, or 3.
Delrin washers? Nice, I appreciate your business. I make Delrin. And I used to make Teflon. Both are made on the same plant site just outside Parkersburg, WV.

Reactions: MORSNO

·
Registered
213 Posts
are just the washers themselves for sale on the site?
i need to tear down a clean my primary and secondary on my grizzly 700. already have sheave and spring but no washers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts