Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Yamaha came out with their teaser video today, sure looks like a auto 1000 yxz to me. It was on Yamaha outdoors on facebook.
Thanks for posting this!

I agree. The last little bit when it is driving off screen looks like it has the "bat ears".

Hondabob was dead on the money, again....

Darn it.;)

That tilts the scale very much to me being a Wolverine owner here in a couple of weeks. :cool:

Not feeling the Pioneer 1000 right now (I don't think my wife will like it at all, on top of some other issues I don't like about it right now and price) but a local dealer is really trying to move some 2016 Teryx LE models. He quoted me $12,750 on the internet with just a "what will you do for me" email.

Still more than the EPS Wolverine that I want but we will see. Time to do more research!

·
November WOTM Winner!
883 Posts
If its an auto it has the potential to be one sweet machine. I can't see myself getting one unless its just beyond cool. After all the work I have into my wolverine I think it's a pretty nice machine, not to mention the beating I would take on a trade on the wolverine.

·
July WOTM Winner!
100 Posts
I don't think it's an auto. Maybe paddle shift. It has no clutch and it shows a gear position on the dash with a shift light. In any case can it crawl like the wolverine? If it could do that i would be interested.

·
Super Moderator
546 Posts
More than likely it is just the same transmission with an electricronically controlled shifter and clutch like the FJR 1300 motorcycle, which has basically a 4 cylinder version of the YXZ motor with an electric shift 5 speed that is very similar to the transmission in the YXZ.

If they put a low range in there it should be fine as long as it doesn't have the clutch shudder problem at low speed like Honda's electric clutch in the P 1000.

·
November WOTM Winner!
883 Posts
if yamaha only bring a YXZ with a new transmission it will be a deception for me..it is not a new bike at all...
Look at some of the "new releases" Wolverine alpine, non r spec, and se editions. I would surely hope they have a new design not just a tweak to an existing but look at the history

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
This is just a tweak to the YXZ. I still think there is more to come later this year.

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Yeah, biggest complaint of the YXZ was having to shift. Next it was the tall first gear. This one is probably a trail model with a lower gear and electronic clutch. I hope they implemented the tubeworks oiling mod for the clutch plates. One thing stock, the clutch plates got very little oiling and it's pretty easy to burn them out if you ride the clutch.

I'm content though since I have the full Tubeworks setup and rekluse clutch in the YXZ. I do enjoy rowing through the gears. It's almost as easy to drive now as the Wolverine. Just not as nimble in very tight trails with a bigger turning radius.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.