Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

Mysterious pigtail connector location?

6K views 28 replies 10 participants last post by  therebel19 
#1 ·
Hello Fellow Wolverine RMAX Owners,

I recently purchased the RMAX2 3 weeks ago, after pulling out of the garage my wife hands me the following wiring harness pigtail connector. I searched all over the factory wiring harness and cannot find the proper home?! Before off-roading I’d like to discover it’s proper location; have any of you encountered and/or know where this guy belongs?

On a side note: I recently installed the Yamaha a-arm guards, as well as Yamaha brush guard; however, I do not remember bumping into any harness connectors during installation.

Thanks,
Jason

See less See more
#2 ·
I don't have my R-Max at home right now (its been at the dealership the last 6 weeks trying to get the power steering fixed), but I think I remember a connector like that behind the fire wall right behind the LCD screen. All connectors should have a cap on them so if you see any open connectors that it fits, that's probably where it is from. Or it was just something dropped in the machine on accident during production.

#3 ·
Hate to hear your dealing with power steering issues for 6 weeks; here’s to hoping it get sorted out ASAP! I’ll be sure to pull the firewall tomorrow and double check the connectors behind the LCD screen! I’m hoping to find it sooner than later, before off-roading and potentially encountering corrosion issues from moisture.

Thanks

#4 ·
It definitely looks familiar if I come across it I'll let you know.

#7 ·
All unused capped circuits I have seen do not have a jumper wire on them. This one appears to be jumpered for a specific reason. It does look kind of familiar, or maybe it was some sort of test plug during assembly? I cant imagine it just falling out, they fit pretty snug when plugged in.

Reactions: MassiveOverkill
#8 ·
I agree, I was taken aback when my wife found the connector laying in the garage where the Wolverine was parked. It would take serious force to remove the cap if it were fully seated; I can’t foresee how installing the brush plate & a-arms guards would disconnect it?! Everything seems functional on the unit; however, the jumper wire has me somewhat concerned... I’m going to remove the firewall tonight and try to determine where it belongs?! Thanks Everyone!

#9 ·
Hopefully they just dropped it in there during assembly and they couldn't find it until i fell out just for you, LOL

Reactions: Hahny
#16 ·
Maybe someone who has installed a D mode switch can advise if one of the connections had a jumper plug on it for Trail mode only on a base model?

#19 ·
I checked all lighting and installed accessories, everything is functionally sound?! I’m going to pull the firewall tomorrow after work and further inspect all harnesses. I did notice a small amount of black factory paint on the connector... if push comes to shove I’m going to contact my dealer and see what they say. Thanks Everyone

#21 ·
There's a 3-pin connector in the back for the tail lights. Most street legal kits have you disconnect it to plug some of the kit wiring there. That still doesn't explain your mystery plug unless it's some sort of factory test plug.

#25 ·
I came across this on ebay. Somebody must have upgraded their standard model to the lighted version. Plug seems to be the same. Maybe that is used to test the 4wd activation or something duting assembly.

Reactions: therebel19
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.