Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Fellow Wolverine RMAX Owners,

I recently purchased the RMAX2 3 weeks ago, after pulling out of the garage my wife hands me the following wiring harness pigtail connector. I searched all over the factory wiring harness and cannot find the proper home?! Before off-roading I’d like to discover it’s proper location; have any of you encountered and/or know where this guy belongs?

On a side note: I recently installed the Yamaha a-arm guards, as well as Yamaha brush guard; however, I do not remember bumping into any harness connectors during installation.

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
62 Posts
I don't have my R-Max at home right now (its been at the dealership the last 6 weeks trying to get the power steering fixed), but I think I remember a connector like that behind the fire wall right behind the LCD screen. All connectors should have a cap on them so if you see any open connectors that it fits, that's probably where it is from. Or it was just something dropped in the machine on accident during production.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have my R-Max at home right now (its been at the dealership the last 6 weeks trying to get the power steering fixed), but I think I remember a connector like that behind the fire wall right behind the LCD screen. All connectors should have a cap on them so if you see any open connectors that it fits, that's probably where it is from. Or it was just something dropped in the machine on accident during production.
Hate to hear your dealing with power steering issues for 6 weeks; here’s to hoping it get sorted out ASAP! I’ll be sure to pull the firewall tomorrow and double check the connectors behind the LCD screen! I’m hoping to find it sooner than later, before off-roading and potentially encountering corrosion issues from moisture.

Thanks

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
1,857 Posts
It definitely looks familiar if I come across it I'll let you know.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone! If I can find the location I will certainly snap a photo and reply to the thread. I plan to look the machine over no later than tomorrow. Thanks

·
Registered
663 Posts
It is more than just a cap it is a jumper. I wouldn't go blindly plugging it anywhere it fits unless you know it really belongs there.

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha RMAX 2 XT-R 1000
1,299 Posts
All unused capped circuits I have seen do not have a jumper wire on them. This one appears to be jumpered for a specific reason. It does look kind of familiar, or maybe it was some sort of test plug during assembly? I cant imagine it just falling out, they fit pretty snug when plugged in.

Reactions: MassiveOverkill

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree, I was taken aback when my wife found the connector laying in the garage where the Wolverine was parked. It would take serious force to remove the cap if it were fully seated; I can’t foresee how installing the brush plate & a-arms guards would disconnect it?! Everything seems functional on the unit; however, the jumper wire has me somewhat concerned... I’m going to remove the firewall tonight and try to determine where it belongs?! Thanks Everyone!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I agree, I was taken aback when my wife found the connector laying in the garage where the Wolverine was parked. It would take serious force to remove the cap if it were fully seated; I can’t foresee how installing the brush plate & a-arms guards would disconnect it?! Everything seems functional on the unit; however, the jumper wire has me somewhat concerned... I’m going to remove the firewall tonight and try to determine where it belongs?! Thanks Everyone!
Hopefully they just dropped it in there during assembly and they couldn't find it until i fell out just for you, LOL

Reactions: Hahny

·
Registered
156 Posts
FWIW. I’ve been behind the firewall on mine at least 4 times now. I don’t remember seeing any three prong connectors. Let alone one with a jumper.
There is a three prong connector under the hood, up front, but it doesn’t have a jumper connected.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Does yours/ do these have valet/restrictor switch ?

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
1,857 Posts
Does yours/ do these have valet/restrictor switch ?
Without looking into it though, I don't think the standard model RMAX2 comes with turtle mode key under the hood but that aside I have disconnected my switch many times already to remove my firewall to wire accessories and the connector is definitely different than that one.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Is there anything at all not working as it should? All lights, winch, etc?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Everything seems functional at the moment, I’m going to check the 4WD & tail lights tonight. So far the winch, head lights (low & high), dash and etc still function flawlessly. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Without looking into it though, I don't think the standard model RMAX2 comes with turtle mode key under the hood but that aside I have disconnected my switch many times already to remove my firewall to wire accessories and the connector is definitely different than that one.
Correct, the base models do not come equipped with the turtle mode switch.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Maybe someone who has installed a D mode switch can advise if one of the connections had a jumper plug on it for Trail mode only on a base model?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Everything seems functional at the moment, I’m going to check the 4WD & tail lights tonight. So far the winch, head light
Maybe someone who has installed a D mode switch can advise if one of the connections had a jumper plug on it for Trail mode only on a base model?
I was just thinking the same thing. I did install the Rocker Style D Mode switch a couple weeks ago and it been working perfectly. The jumper would make total sense to keep it locked in trail mode.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000
1,857 Posts
Everything seems functional at the moment, I’m going to check the 4WD & tail lights tonight. So far the winch, head light

I was just thinking the same thing. I did install the Rocker Style D Mode switch a couple weeks ago and it been working perfectly. The jumper would make total sense to keep it locked in trail mode.
The D-mode switch plugs are just capped with no jumpers when not installed. The plugs are different as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I checked all lighting and installed accessories, everything is functionally sound?! I’m going to pull the firewall tomorrow after work and further inspect all harnesses. I did notice a small amount of black factory paint on the connector... if push comes to shove I’m going to contact my dealer and see what they say. Thanks Everyone

·
Registered
2021 RMax 2 Gray in Nova Scotia
983 Posts
The d-mode has a 4 pin and a 2. The firewall is off mine right now and I'm not seeing that connector. As mentioned there's a 3pin under the hood front drivers side. No jumper though.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts