Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My storage solution. (pics added.)

I was reluctant to spend the $240 for the OEM storage box. I found this at Menards today for $59.97.

Contico Model 3725 (built-in lock) or 3725NL (lockable hasps only)
36.75” x 22.75” x 20.25”H / 50 Gallon Capacity
Interior Dimensions: 31.75" x 16.5" x 18.75"
Recommended Maximum Load: 250 lbs.

The side to side fit is perfect when slid completely forward. There is approximately 6" between box and tailgate.

Gap between box and tailgate

Side fit, nice and snug in the front.

Open view

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pics fixed, I hope.

·
Registered
157 Posts
How do you tie it down?

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm still working out how I want to tie it down. For temporary solution I attached a rubber bungee cord to the front post on each side that you use to tie down the tailgate in the forward position and brought them around the rear. It felt real solid. I'm thinking of replacing the bungees with a lightweight ratchet strap. For a more permanent solution you could easily bolt them to the box. Another option would be to attach an eyebolt to each side and tie down to the factory tie downs.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I'm still working out how I want to tie it down. For temporary solution I attached a rubber bungee cord to the front post on each side that you use to tie down the tailgate in the forward position and brought them around the rear. It felt real solid. I'm thinking of replacing the bungees with a lightweight ratchet strap. For a more permanent solution you could easily bolt them to the box. Another option would be to attach an eyebolt to each side and tie down to the factory tie downs.
Hey bungee and ratchet straps are perfectly fine. I have a stack of spare tires ratchet strapped in my bed with a cooler on top held with a bungee. Bungee power! No sense in over engineering something that is just going to get thrashed.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
I have been using a Walmart cheapy like that for a while.
KIMG0571.JPG

I put 2 eye bolts on each side and use ratchet straps to hold it down
KIMG0572.JPG

·
Banned
420 Posts
My version.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
I mounted a basket on the top of my bed and I am about to run to Home Depot and look for a box to slide in underneath it to hold my recovery gear.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Had time today to get the box tied down. I went with 2 different options. Option 1 is securing it as far back as possible. This gives me plenty of space in front of the box for spare tire, fuel can etc. Option 2 is for day trips, I secured the tail gate in the front position then secured the box tight to that.

OPTION 1 rear view I shaved the 4x4 so it sits level in the rear recess for the tai8l gate and the top of 4x4 is flush with the bed floor. This gives me a few more inches of support in the rear. I attached the 4x4 with deck screw up through existing holes.

Attached with ratchet straps on both sides

View from front. Cut a 1x4 treated board for the slot in the box.

OPTION 2 tail gate secured in front position. Box grought to the front. takes about 2 minutes to relocate.

Same ratchet straps on the side. I had to use the tail gate so I had enough distance to allow the ratchet straps to function.

Front view

1 - 15 of 15 Posts