Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got the XT-R and it's time to start a build thread. I need be better at taking pictures along the way, sorry fellas.

Day one I got it home, wiped it down and F11'd it. Installed the Yamaha full skid plate with the front skid also, very easy install. Adjusted my shocks and springs to what I feel I'd like best. Finally set my tire psi. pic 1.

Last night I picked up the last (windshield) piece to my cab from the dealer and started the installation process. Only a few things I noticed. Some of the push pins were tough to line up, not all of the rear window 6mm bolts fit (top roof to back, 2 out of 3 lined up), and I'm a little frustrated that in order to pull the "firewall" the windshield has to come off. I routed the wire harness AND windshield squirter up the drivers A pillar without issue. The doors (after trying 2 different T-40 bits) came off easily and the new ones weren't bad to get mounted. Adjusting the latches took the longest. After I finished everything, I re-F11'd the entire thing. pic 2.

Glad I got the cab on, it's snowing here today.
More things to come :beerchug:

Attachments

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Went for a ride tonight- 35 on the odometer- FULL cab, 2 adults, 1 dogo and random hunting gear, still easily pulled 55 mph on flat ground! Hit the limiter twice at 3 sec intervals.. Very pleased with this so far!!

·
Far from stock
954 Posts
That is a sharp looking machine

Reactions: 1slo_CR

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So today I got my BOSS V-XT installed. For the most part it was a very straight forward process. I did however have a couple hiccups. First of which was the middle bolt's backer plate didn't match the mount/skid plate. It was off by 1.25", to narrow. No big deal, I just redrilled the backer and went about the rest of it. Next was the rear U-bolt on the drivers side didn't fit. It was hitting on the lower 14mm diff bolt. So I filed some of the lip off and "adjusted" the hole in the skid plate to get it to fit. I did call and inform BOSS of these issues and was connected with an engineer. I took pics and sent them all of the problem areas.
Wiring was straight forward and easy to route. Hardest part was deciding where to mount the "quick connects" and the remote connector in cab. Assembling the plow it self was not a problem at all, although I thought the center pin was going to be a real b!tch. Pin almost "dropped" in! Filled the hydro fluid and fired up the machine. Bled the lines and all was good. LET IT SNOW!

Doesn't seem to pull the front end down much at all. And it lifts it high enough to drive up on my trailer without touching the ramps! I'll try to get a little vid of the plow going thru the motions in the next couple days.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
So today I got my BOSS V-XT installed. For the most part it was a very straight forward process. I did however have a couple hiccups. First of which was the middle bolt's backer plate didn't match the mount/skid plate. It was off by 1.25", to narrow. No big deal, I just redrilled the backer and went about the rest of it. Next was the rear U-bolt on the drivers side didn't fit. It was hitting on the lower 14mm diff bolt. So I filed some of the lip off and "adjusted" the hole in the skid plate to get it to fit. I did call and inform BOSS of these issues and was connected with an engineer. I took pics and sent them all of the problem areas.
Wiring was straight forward and easy to route. Hardest part was deciding where to mount the "quick connects" and the remote connector in cab. Assembling the plow it self was not a problem at all, although I thought the center pin was going to be a real b!tch. Pin almost "dropped" in! Filled the hydro fluid and fired up the machine. Bled the lines and all was good. LET IT SNOW!

Doesn't seem to pull the front end down much at all. And it lifts it high enough to drive up on my trailer without touching the ramps! I'll try to get a little vid of the plow going thru the motions in the next couple days.
Glad to have another X2 in Duluth! I live up by Island lake.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Good day gentleman, picked up a 2020 X2 XTR yesterday. First ride was last night with 19 RSpec and a 19 Teryx. Coming off quads and dirt bikes this thing is a little nicer on the back and I’m not upset about the cup holders 🤣.

Looking at plow options, I like Warns bumper but doesn’t seem available. May just keep the stock one but is the plow “kit” or mount straight forward with my existing set up from factory or do I have to remove the VRX4500 it comes with and change out any mounting plates?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Lucky to find an xt-r. I’m really interested to see one in person, but out of about 20 dealers, the closest one I can find is 400 miles away. :-( I’m itching to trade in my 2017.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nice build!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So for you guys wondering how much the V-plow pulls the front down, it's just under 1.25". My pics are: 1- plow hooked up and down. 2- plow up and in scoop. Both with a shake/bounce to settle the springs.

Attachments

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't know if this qualifies as part of my build, but I picked up a new trailer the other day. Stealth Cobra, all aluminum, 7' wide x 7' tall x 16' long. 80"tall x 74"wide between the cables/door opening. Should be able to fit my XT-R in with tracks and a lift if desired. It's definitely a tight squeeze but overall I'm happy with it.

Attachments

·
Far from stock
954 Posts
Man that’s a nice trailer. I’d love an enclosed setup.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
A few things I've done in the last couple of weeks or so. Added a 6 bank switch panel, JEG'S heater, heated seat and backs, second interstate battery and isolation switch, 12 bank fuse panel, under dash blue LED's, dome/cargo box LED's, roof and front fender clearance LED's, roof 42" curved LED, 6" backup LED's, inline coolant heater and inner fender liners. Also, I didn't order the switch panel with the intent of those being Lazer etched into the switches. I thought there was stickers to put whatever I wanted on each switch, just my luck.

Attachments

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Next I think I'm gona figure out "quick pins" for the driver door. So it's easy to pop off for loading/unloading in the trailer. And then the canvas top for the box, so the dogs have a nice place to ride since it's cold here already!

·
Registered
631 Posts
That's a really great build you have going. Nice trailer too.

Reactions: TN_Max and 1slo_CR

·
Registered
42 Posts
Awesome build, Im on the fence on pulling the trigger on an XTR or waiting on a camo version. How hard was the cab install? would save me about $500 on installing myself (well $480 I would probably buy beer for my buddy to help with holding the windshield)

Also what did the plow cost, that one looks great

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Awesome build, Im on the fence on pulling the trigger on an XTR or waiting on a camo version. How hard was the cab install? would save me about $500 on installing myself (well $480 I would probably buy beer for my buddy to help with holding the windshield)

Also what did the plow cost, that one looks great
The cab went easy. Just take your time, read through their instructions and take it one piece at a time. I did the whole thing by myself without issue.

The V-plow is absolutely AWESOME! No getting out to adjust angles. No cable or strap to replace on the winch. And it's heavy enough to back drag away from the garage doors. Unfortunately, they don't give this plow away..

·
Registered
44 Posts
Can that windshield be used alone, or does it have to be just for the full cab kit? It looks really cool on there and I like the wiper on it too.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts