Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Do you have any personal experience with this stuff? Looks good in the video.

Reactions: TINKEN and atkbike

·
Registered
395 Posts
Interesting.

I usually use a nice coat of mud. Once its covered with mud, no additional mud will contact the machine.

Actually, I always pick up a jumbo can of food grade silicone and hose my machine down with it. Mud still sticks but it comes right off.

You have to get a little muddy. Thats part of the fun.

·
Engineer
1,914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you have any personal experience with this stuff? Looks good in the video.
I do actually, but it wasn't sold by Rustoleum at the time and it was expensive. We used it on our race bikes on the track to keep the mud from sticking to the underside of the fenders, radiators, etc. It wears off, so you have to apply the #2 can every 6 rides or so. Don't use it on the top of the fenders unless you don't mind the hazy white finish it gives. We use SC1 on the top of the fenders which works okay and kept our sponsor logos seen.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Never wet sucks ... it isn't what it was when it was invented originally. It lasts for about the first touch of water and then is never the same. If you put it on your bike, clothes, boots, gloves windows you would have a wonderful white haze on everything and wouldn't see through your windows. When it was originally invented and patented and sold to rustolium it's toxicity level was through the roof and they had to dumb it down. It still works bit it does not last. It would not last through 3 mud holes or five puddles. Remember it is a film that drys so you can see it on anything you put it on. Annnnd if the shit was so amazing you would all be using it as it has been on the shelves of home depot for about 2 years now

·
Registered
367 Posts
I am not, I am being completely serious. Back in the day this stuff was fairly amazing. Now after rustolium got their hands on it, it actually won't last 3 mud holes. It doesn't bond well at all. Couple puddles at speed and it is gone

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.