Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not really sure if I should post this under pictures or builds, so I figure I will mess it all up and post in general discussions. :p Anyway, I made some mudflaps for the back that I think should work nicely. I went to wally world to the gardening department and got some of that 3-3/4" wide x 3/16" thick rubber trim material that you would line a flower bed with. I also went to hardware and got two aluminum yard sticks to use for the flat bar. The total bill was about $10. I cut the flat bar to 20" and drilled seven holes three inches on center, with an inch on each end. I cut the rubber to where it was flush with the top of the frame at the bottom and just touched the bottom of the fender flairs. For the fasteners I used some zinc plated #12 x 3/4 Tek screws I had leftover from a couple of metal buildings I put together. The plastic in the wheel well is about 1/8" thick, so it should hold IF I didn't over tighten them. I have some stainless 1/4-20 bolts, washers and lock nuts if it fails. I lined up the bottom with the plastic next to the kick out and the top is just inside the fender flair. They *should be safe from most trees and stumps. Tomorrow I am planning on using the Plexiglas scrap i got from work to make an upper windshield (I only have the half) and a dust guard for the back. We use big cardboard at work so I use that to make templates and then I only have to cut the Plexiglas once. i have some small aluminum angle to put along the top and bottom to stiffen it up. I just have to go to the hardware store tomorrow morning to get come type of clamp that will fit the 2" roll cage. I think I can get some 2" pipe hangers, or something along those lines. I will post that when I get done (If it doesn't look like shit). If the beer is tasting good i might not finish until Sunday. LOL Be well my friends, and keep the rubber side down. I hope I attached the pictures right.

IMG_0137.JPG IMG_0138.JPG

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
kinda looks like mine. but i used truck mud flaps and cut to what i wanted and used the factory bolt holes. i drilled no holes. but i did find that most of the stuff thrown up in your lap was from the front tires. so i made front ones too. IMG_1683.jpg IMG_1692.jpg IMG_1693.jpg IMG_1694.jpg IMG_1695.jpg IMG_1709.jpg IMG_1711.jpg

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
vtpoolman - unfortunately, my design required me to make holes in the plastic. I saw yours yesterday (while I was at work shhhh...), and it inspired me to finish mine last night. I like the way you did yours, but I already had everything ready on my design. I've got more rubber material and the cutoff ends of the yard sticks leftover that I am going to use to do the front.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I'm going to do vtpoolman style. I don't like drilling holes in my brand new machine And its stupid simple Super *******. All though the OP did a great job. And creative.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Trailcutter - I love the cab enclosure. but with all that, how the hell do you get mud in the cab?? LOL j/k. Seriously though, I am going to make the front flaps kinda like yours, but use the backing strip to hold even pressure down the inside of the front fender well. I will probably go with a 3 or 4 inch on center down the face of the "mud guard". Yamaha calls the plastic wrap that goes around the chassis tube a mud guard, but they stopped about 2 inches narrower than what we need. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my machine, but they must have done most of the R&D work in an arid environment. Dust and dirt are one thing, but where I ride, there is mud even if you are just sitting back watching the yahoos tear the crap out of their stuff. No offense to the yahoos among us.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Trailcutter - I love the cab enclosure. but with all that, how the hell do you get mud in the cab?? LOL j/k. Seriously though, I am going to make the front flaps kinda like yours, but use the backing strip to hold even pressure down the inside of the front fender well. I will probably go with a 3 or 4 inch on center down the face of the "mud guard". Yamaha calls the plastic wrap that goes around the chassis tube a mud guard, but they stopped about 2 inches narrower than what we need. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love my machine, but they must have done most of the R&D work in an arid environment. Dust and dirt are one thing, but where I ride, there is mud even if you are just sitting back watching the yahoos tear the crap out of their stuff. No offense to the yahoos among us.
just trying to keep some of the mud off the doors as the front tires throw mud fairly high and these doors scratch easily when trying to clean them,i used 4'' belting and just heading out to see how they work.

·
Registered
213 Posts
just trying to keep some of the mud off the doors as the front tires throw mud fairly high and these doors scratch easily when trying to clean them,i used 4'' belting and just heading out to see how they work.
who makes those doors? and can they be bought by themselves?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Here are my ******* flaps. I spent $13 on a nyracord semi mud flap and cut it to fit. I used the two factory bolts on the fronts and then self tapping screws in between, I need to add a few more. They worked really well. I have a video to hopefully get posted tomorrow that will show how good they worked.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
who makes those doors? and can they be bought by themselves?
they are made by defender cabs in Canada and yes they do sell the doors separately,I had to go through my dealer to get the cab,I was thinking about just getting a set of their door frames to make up some half doors as they come with the rear hinge ,door latches on both sides,and the latch post,with these it wouldn't matter where the seat is positioned.(defender cabs.com)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts