Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I know this is difficult to answer concretely, but when moving to ATV to SxS, would you go back to ATV?

I have a nice Grizzly but snapped my Tibia on a stupid mistake, which of course would not have happened on a SxS given the doors and such. I was on the Grizz Sunday and I of course was a bit gun shy in a few certain conditions, but the love of the power motorsports is still there. I ain''t getting any younger :).

So for those of you that made the move, do you regret it with these new sportier models out there?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I forgot to post to say that I get the ride is nice, easier for a full day of stuff. I also saw some statistic on SxS versus ATV accidents and deaths, and the ATV numbers were enormously higher than the SxS. They started gathering data in 2007.

Or maybe, I am just a bit chicken shit now :rolleyes:

·
Registered
41 Posts
I moved from a grizzly to a wolverine love it the arm and back fatigue is gone no more thumb cramps on long rides, just drive like a truck.

·
Registered
91 Posts
This is my first sxs. I had an 02 arctic cat 500, loved it. I mostly hunt with them and for that I don't miss my atv. Now I can put the deer in the bed and no worry about tying it down or it falling off. It's also nice staying dry in the rain. I only have 400 miles so far but I am trying to get time off to go play and see what this thing can really do.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
I made the move from a Grizzly to a Wolverine and do not have any regrets at all even though I do miss it from time to time. I did hop on a buddies Grizzly last trip and took it up a nasty rocky hill I've been up a few dozen time and bucked myself off like a newb and busted my ass on a rock lol. So maybe I am better off on a Wolvy :)

·
November WOTM Winner!
882 Posts
I have a grizzly and a wolverine. The SXS is great for all day riding, but there is some things you can't beat having an ATV for. You can go thru the woods so much easier with an ATV and throw in the back of the truck, no trailer needed.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Best move I ever made. Comfortable but still get the pucker factor when you want it. I'm not going back to quads. Just remember; when you get stuck you can't lift the SxS and have to treat it like its a jeep.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I went from a 2014 Grizzly 700 SE to the Wolverine and love it. It is so much easier on my back riding around all day in a sxs.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have always had atvs. Made a jump to a Wolvie and have no regrets!!' We ride The Rocky Mountains a lot and I noticed last year the two guys on 4 wheelers were wore out at the end of the day.. Side by side guys were not. also my wife is so much more at ease on the
Wolvie . She was a little scared on the atv.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
went from 2008 grizzly to the wolverine. still have a 2003 arctic cat 300 4x4 . the wolverine is a wide one if you want to go bush waken threw the woods. thats the only reason i still have the arctic cat. its a woods buggy not trail riding buggy. the opposite of the wolverine. the wolverine is the best trail rider you can get.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I went from an '09 Honda Rancher 420 to the wolverine and I doubt very seriously that I will ride the atv much anymore. I kept it for the sole purpose of letting the kids ride it when they come visit (they are all grown and moved off). They grew up riding dirt bikes and 4 wheelers, and still want to ride. All have asked to buy it, but they want it for next to nothing, so I will just keep it maintained and we can go out when they are in town. If they want one of their own they can buy it from somewhere else. LOL :p

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I still have my Honda foreman and with my arthritis can't ride it very long,with my wolverine with the power steering I can drive with one hand most of the time.you can't beat the ride and safety of a side x side and it's nice to be able to bring someone along to chat with,and my old dog likes the side x sides better too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I still have my 08 Grizzly 700 EPS and the Wolverine, I love both, just for different uses, adding a passenger safely and types of terrain. There are not many places the Wolverine can't go, unless there is a 50" trail restriction. When I feel like a kid I take the ATV when I feel my 49 years I take Wolverine!

·
Registered
385 Posts
I went from a2012 Honda Rubicon which I lover to ride to the wolverine and I can tell you at 69 years old I'm never going back. I ride like a teenager and my body just couldn't take the ATV pounding any longer. Still ride like crazy but I'm not beat up any more.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I would never go back.As was said,the ass pucker is still there if you want it. So much more comfortable and hauling saws,beer etc.is much easier. My dogs love it too.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I went from a 2011 grizzly 700eps to a wolverine and to be honest I expected to have regrets. I knew I would miss that grizz because I loved it and it was the most awesome wheeler I ever owned. However I never even think about it because the wolvies are just so awesome and so much fun. If something happened to my wolverine I would going the next day to buy another one!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I had to sell my 09 grizzly due to job loss during the recession I went into the dealer last nov to buy a new grizzly and saw this beautiful camo wolverine sitting there .I sat in it and bought it on the spot lol no regrets what so ever.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OK you guys have been helpful. Given the fact I have an awesome wife she suggested I keep the grizzly and get thw wolvie. Selling an 09 is not a game changer in the deal. That way I can be 54 and 20!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I now have a king quad for sale..... I am getting the rspec eps and can't wait..... I love the bit about hauling a dear, not busting my ass on a rock, long rides,but also realize the woods vs trail comment. Going to get the winch yeah at 1200# it's a small jeep

1 - 20 of 26 Posts