Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that wired your light bars to rocker switches, how did you cut the hole/holes in your dash? Also, how did you route your wires from the light bar so it looks nice, neat, and as hidden as possible?

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
i went threw the bars and came out just below the passenger seat belt then down behind passenger seat there is a hole the up over gas tank to the front. i wanted to come out of the bars at the bottom but the bar is solid where it bolts together

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Reactions: atkbike

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
as far as switches go i put in a rocker switch holder and all my switches for acc. used a dremal.
check out the buggy. in wolverine builds

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks good but I bet it was a pain in the arse...

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
not bad. took me 16 or so hours to do everything. three wires all run in wire loom from there to the front. all holes drilled in the tubes. all switches, rear lights front light, air horn dome light, winch, front led light bar. everything. switches light up when you turn the lights on. every connection soldered and heatsrunk.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I ran through the bars. You don't even have to take the roof off. Just unbolt the 8 bolts holding the crossmember on and you can pull the whole roof off in one piece. You can drill a hold in the end of the crossbar and into the side of the main tube. I see poolman came out the back. I came down the front of the tube. There is a small hole at the bottom right before the welds. I heated black shrink tube around 4 wires and pulled it snug, then zip tied the wire to the frame tube down inside the hole for the roll bar, under the fender. It is up under the roll bar and you barely notice it. As far as cutting the dash... Trace your hole, throw a new blade in the utility knife and go to work. The plastic is not thick, and once you get moving you can zip right along. Just don't go to fast or you'll cut too far.

IMG_4672.jpg

IMG_4674.jpg

IMG_4615.jpg

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
BigBucks set up is what i copied with a few changes.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys for the info

·
Banned
4 Posts
I drilled out the rivets that hold the warning plate under digital dash in center. Then I used it for a template to cut out some 16ga plate and attached all switches / gauges and then cut out the plastic to allow for room behind, then just re pop riveted on or you can use threaded rivets and bolt it on for easy removal later.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts