Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
724 Posts
@Rhinohio - thank you for this post. I agree with all you said above. As a Gen 1 owner guinea pig, I can appreciate what you're saying. I'm hoping for much better luck on my Rmax than I had on my Gen 1. Nothing mechanical is perfect and will never be. I still trust Yamaha (for now) but I have high expectations.

Reactions: Budro2

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Like others, I'm not sure I understand the point of your thread. The total number of units affected by these issues above is quite minimal.

• You keep talking about the 10 cent drain clip. Do you know a lot of people with this issue?
  • What about the dropped valve? The engineering is fine. All companies have jagoffs that put stuff together wrong.
  • Finally, the transmission bearing on a 1st year unit...has affected very few so far.

Your post sounds like trolling as opposed to constructive feedback. I don't understand you bouncing around from thread to thread repeating rather inconsequential negativity.
Yes, unfortunately drain plug keeps coming up on fb posts, seems it should have been a recall.
I wouldn’t say I’m bouncing from thread to thread, sure I’ve commented on issues before but those comments are what prompted the idea for this thread. And we’ve already covered that earlier on, so it would appear you’re trolling me now by trying to antagonize me.
This thread is for posting issues, which all machines and manufactures have, no need to over analyze it. I’m not going to comment again on this topic, please see earlier response.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I say this post is helping people. I've seen at least 4 people ask about stuff already mentioned on it. For some reason people do not want to put post about problems out in the open, plus many just don't post anything.(In general. I understand why a few I've talked to haven't said anything) I'm not hard to find and have been PM'ed on here once and contacted by a different user on another forum about 708 problems already this year. Add to that once it's been brought up people don't generally do it again. I have personally have seen more 708 engine failures than I've seen online. To put that in perspective, I have seen more broken 708's at shops than I've seen in the last 3500 miles on the trails. There is a person that is going to post a great issue soon. I can already guess that people will blame everyone but Yamaha.

Reactions: Dan

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
2,995 Posts
It guess people should read the sticky posts. If you look at a lot of posts I've stickied, guess what? They're not all rainbows and sunshine, they're about issues you should be aware of. It's not like you're being forced to search........simply read the pinned posts. If you had, the intake drain issue would have been easily found.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
It's the Facebook age. Getting people to read sticky post, search or even look at their manual isn't happening. They would rather just ask on Facebook and take some complete strangers word for it.

Massive, I talked to John about the KRX clutch issues. He's saying it's not one issue with the clutch but a few small issues that working together to make the problems. He seems to think it's easy to fix but can't really be addressed until parts are more available. He believes the root cause is spring bind.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts