Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
5,000 miles, well done. I gotta ask. Besides brakes, any major repairs. I just want to mention it to my rzr friends. Maxximus

·
Premium Member
433 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Wow. You probably had more miles in the first week than I've had the chance to put on mine in the 13 months I've had it.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it took me a year and a half to put that on my polaris,it helps when you don't have to stop to fix it as much, and being retired helps a lot,also with the cab I don't have to worry about the weather.

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
Crimany. That's a lot of miles. Never knew anyone to put that many miles on a machine, let alone in only a year! That is truly a lot of seat time! We have just found out the place we have been riding for 8 years is probably closing in September, and never reopening. Some rich dude bought the whole piece of property to use as his personal hunting retreat. So...now we really aren't going to get any seat time...

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Crimany. That's a lot of miles. Never knew anyone to put that many miles on a machine, let alone in only a year! That is truly a lot of seat time! We have just found out the place we have been riding for 8 years is probably closing in September, and never reopening. Some rich dude bought the whole piece of property to use as his personal hunting retreat. So...now we really aren't going to get any seat time...
I guess there is advantages to living in a remote area and being able to access trails right from my home makes a big difference in the amount I ride,we have had some trails closed here because of some riders tearing up some mountain meadows.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I bet you'd be hard pressed to find another Wolverine anywhere with more miles than you have. I'm kind of jealous that you get to ride that much. Mine was brought home in May 2015 and is sitting in my garage with 400ish miles on it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Wow trailcutter....that's amazing mileage for the time you've had your bike. Embarrassed to say what I have on mine in a year. And I can leave from my dooryard too....but unfortunately I'm yet to retire. Any issues other than the exhaust and brake pads? Did u do the decomp spring recall and dip stick yet? Clutch work..pcv? Stock tires/wheels? Lifted? Or bone stock?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow trailcutter....that's amazing mileage for the time you've had your bike. Embarrassed to say what I have on mine in a year. And I can leave from my dooryard too....but unfortunately I'm yet to retire. Any issues other than the exhaust and brake pads? Did u do the decomp spring recall and dip stick yet? Clutch work..pcv? Stock tires/wheels? Lifted? Or bone stock?
just had it to dealer last week and they did the spring and dipstick,i also had them put in two rear wheel bearings,new belt and spark plug and serviced the clutch.i am running 26-9-12 mudlite xtr all the way around and added a 2'' gorilla lift to gain back the 2'' I lost initially,so far so good

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
don't own a snowmobile,i managed to use my wolvy last winter,not much for snow,looks like you are averaging around 18 mph compared to my 7.5 mph.

·
Registered
186 Posts
don't own a snowmobile,i managed to use my wolvy last winter,not much for snow,looks like you are averaging around 18 mph compared to my 7.5 mph.
All but one of my friends and neighbors ride RZR's 900 and 1,000cc. So since I've owned my Wolverine they have been trying to show me how superior their RZR's are and so far they have been unsuccessful. They do have a top speed edge, however when the trails are tight and or rough they really are no match for the Wolverine. And when the going is steep or the sand fine, dry and deep they are not generally a match. Even before going to aftermarket wheels and tires there was hardly a situation where I needed to go into, 4 wheel and only once have I had to use 4 lock. So our rides have gone from an average speed of 30+ MPH to now where we ride less than 20 MPH on average. In fact since I got the new wheels and tires they have even stopped joking about having only one lung.

We get about 160-180 inches of snow a year where I live and tracked 4 wheelers and SXS's are not allowed on the trails because of width restrictions. So here, if you want to play in the winter, you must snowmobile. We have one of the largest Snowmobile Clubs in Michigan with about 350 members, antrimcountysnowmobileclub.org is our web page and also our Facebook page.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Thats amazing, I have 2300 on mine . This year has been plagued with steering problems that have changed everything due to a catch in steering right and left at full turn

1 - 20 of 29 Posts