Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
P1070217.JPG P1060856.JPG P1070206.JPG P1070022.JPG P1060876.JPG P1060790.JPG P1060920.JPG P1070019.JPG

Some pictures from 7 Mile Rim Trail and Poison Spider Mesa Trail.
Loved the NOTICEABLE difference (from the October Moab trip) in the the slugged clutch and lower gearing from The Hunterworks sheave, really worked well climbing the shelves and steps, the added clearance from the Gorilla Lift helped a lot on both the steps and getting over the rocks without dragging and rolling them up underneath.
So far I haven't needed to use the spare tire, the OEM tires held up despite all the sharp rocks and ledges, running 8 psi in them.
I am so impressed with the Wolverines ability to fit the trail and climb obstacles, I had a gentleman in a full lockered/modified Jeep wait for me at the top of the Poison Spider Waterfall obstacle to see if I was going to need to winch off him after he climbed it (chirping tires) and the Wolverine crept up it without even spinning a tire, got to the top and he just walked away saying how amazing it was. This machine is great!

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
You rock crawler guys do some crazy stuff!

Reactions: TINKEN

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
We are headed that way next Monday and I can't wait!!! It'll be a 17hr drive but sounds and looks like it'll be worth every second! We are going to be camping at Sand Flats Rec Area. We are working on a list of trails to hit while we are out there and right now we will be running Hell's Revenge, Poison Spider, and Cliffhanger for sure to start with lol.

We was supposed to be just going down to Arkansas next week but the weather looks like it is going to be crappy and Moab was our back up plan so last night we all agreed to just go for it!

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Did the ride quality change once you put the Gorilla on?
No, ride seems to be as good as ever, but I have also disconnected my sway bar for better flex.

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We are headed that way next Monday and I can't wait!!! It'll be a 17hr drive but sounds and looks like it'll be worth every second! We are going to be camping at Sand Flats Rec Area. We are working on a list of trails to hit while we are out there and right now we will be running Hell's Revenge, Poison Spider, and Cliffhanger for sure to start with lol.

We was supposed to be just going down to Arkansas next week but the weather looks like it is going to be crappy and Moab was our back up plan so last night we all agreed to just go for it!
We rode Fins and Things first at Sand Flats, it is just down the road from Hells Revenge and it gave us a feel for the slickrock with shorter climbs before we did the longer steeper hills on Hells Revenge.
We havent done Cliffhanger or Moab Rim, both are supposed to be good, but momma doesnt like trails that are on the edge of 300' cliffs.
Seven Mile Rim is fun, just make sure you take the turn off and ride down to Uranium Arch, (it is the 5th picture) when you leave the arch take the trail just south of the arch, it is a pretty good pull getting back up the hill.
If you do ride 7 Mile loop, take the turn off to Wipeout Hill (good videos on utube) I didnt put our Wolverine in there, but I believe bwfox and his sons rode his up it.
You guys have a good trip, bring back some pictures and speed safely.
noload

Reactions: TINKEN and MrDwig
1 - 7 of 7 Posts