Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
July WOTM Winner!
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out to Moab in April with the Wolverine and took a few videos. Had a blast. I'm now getting around to getting the videos together. I'll try and show what this thing can do. First video is from Hell's Gate on Hell's Revenge trail.

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Very nicely done!
I was not willing to put mine in there, and I agree, its A LOT steeper than the video makes it look.
Definitely takes more skill than "point it and punch it" driving.

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
Pictures and video's rarely due justice to the actual angles, depths, and heights when in the back country. I know for a fact my old body doesn't have the guts for that crazy rock crawling stuff anymore, so I appreciate living them through your pics and vids. I take many pictures from mountain tops overlooking miles of back country and the pictures are never the same, things seem to flatten out.

Reactions: Mountainman

·
July WOTM Winner!
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was really cool doing these trails. Each trail could be anywhere from 3 to 5 hours depending how often you stop. We did 2 trails a day. We got into moab about 1:30 in the afternoon and went right out to Hell's Revenge. Then did two trails a day the next three days. Then we finished on Hell's Revenge again so I could do the escalator that my brother made it up the first day and we left the camera off because we weren't sure if we were going to do it then he just went for it. He made it but it's not on video. My turn is in this video here. Haven't really used the go pro much and was trying to find a good position for it and i took the waterproof case off which helped with the audio. Part of this video is shaky and muffled but after some adjustments it got better.

So here is the escalator and hot tub video from Hell's Revenge:

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
4,876 Posts
A bit of a bump. I saw a video of Ford having someone drive their New Bronco Sport up Hells Gate. LOL
I wouldn't have Bronco. No indication if it was totally stock but I have doubts.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts

Stock new bronco should be no problem.
Subaru Outback can to do it too.

Reactions: Desertdweller67

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
4,876 Posts
Interesting they test or people get to take their SUV's in there. Thought it was ATV/UTV only trails.

Neither of these three likely have low range. Pickup might, just might have.

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
4,876 Posts
Bronco got a petite engine. RMAX is more capable than they are.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
All these trails began as jeep trails long before the invention of the side by side.
Looks like today’s Ford bronco is similar to jeep capabilities. Pretty impressive!

Anything one seems to deem fit for the trail is allowed, just not recommended!

Don’t take it lightly. Things go bad fast in there. Even in modified rock buggy’s. People that do this in somthing so capable, especially after picking good lines in the main course just need to go back to driving school. There was no need. He should have just let up, rolled back a bit and turned driver.

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
4,876 Posts
I see, we don't have anything like that in Ontario. At not that I heard of. Many multipurpose trails for machines that snowmobiles use in winter are ATV or UTV trail if you can fit. Fitting is the operative condition. Some aren't used since they go over lakes (frozen in the Winter). Likely some logging roads and such Jeeps use as I have seen some up north heavily covered in mud big time.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Looks as handy as any side by side in there with a real driver. Very smooth, right lines no hesitation. Even the Rmax and the KRX lift a tire a bit at the top!
Suspension like that and 35s stock that bronco is no joke

Reactions: Desertdweller67
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.