Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Will the UTVMA bench seat still slide forward? How much room is available behind it? I am going to be getting an LE in March/April depending on how long it takes to arrive.

·
Registered
154 Posts
It does not slide forward. Same room behind it as stock seats. At least in X4.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Here is my 2 1/2 year old in front middle seat from utvma and six year old in back on the booster seat from utvma with the rear bench seat from utvma. Maybe this helps. She was more secure in the front seat than being in the car seat mounted to back seat. The booster seat in the back got the harness to the correct height for her.
View attachment 91194
The car seat we had for it had cup holders on either side of the child’s legs. It made the seat too wide the fit in the factory seat without it sitting on a bad angle. That, and the seats are dished out more than an actual automobile seat, so it didn’t sit in the seat in a way that I’d be confident that it would slide, regardless of how tight I made the straps.

I’m sure I could have bought a different car seat that would have fit better...but it was “spend $200 on an additional car seat -vs- put $200 towards a cool accessory”. Haha.

I figured she’d grow out of the car seat in the next year. But with the bench seat, I’ll always be able to fit 3 kids in back.

At least that’s how I’m justifying it to myself! Haha.

I’d take your seat in there and test fit it. Tell them that your child riding safe and comfortable is a deciding factory. Let them set it in there if that makes them more comfortable. I think that’s a pretty reasonable request if you’re on the fence about ready to spend that much money on a machine

those are both awesome set ups. Our little one we adopted through foster care and is deemed special needs due to her very petite size and lack of physical development. She is still in 12-18mo clothing, is just learning to walk, and doesn't weigh 30lbs yet, but don't let any of that fool you, she's still a fire cracker. She LOVES to ride, and gets PISSED, if you take off without her!

the dealership i have been talking to has been amazing on answering any type of questions i have. I'm thinking this weekend when the boss is at work (she's a nurse), i'll swing by the dealership with a spare car seat and check it out. Have to plan it around nap time or else she'll be mad that i didn't get her out for a ride lol

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
That’s awesome! :)(y)

·
Registered
243 Posts
due to her size mama bear is a little extra protective of her. The last photo was taken on monday (1/11/21), and that's a "normal" sized back pack next to her lol.

But i love seeing these ideas for the family inclusion.. sorry for side tracking your build thread.. carry on :)

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha Wolverine RMAX4 LE
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
due to her size mama bear is a little extra protective of her. The last photo was taken on monday (1/11/21), and that's a "normal" sized back pack next to her lol.

But i love seeing these ideas for the family inclusion.. sorry for side tracking your build thread.. carry on :)
No worries! The family dynamic is the exact reason we picked up a side by side, so I love the dialog.

If anyone needs any measurements of the seat, let me know.

I put our daughter in the in the seat last night. Still a little small for the harness..so there may be a small booster or pad coming for it. For reference, she's 37-38 inches tall, and weighs 31lbs.

·
Registered
154 Posts
The front seat would be perfect for her . same size as mine. The booster seat would help but not having her feet secure she would bounce around a lot.

Reactions: michdave

·
Registered
243 Posts
just had an idear! Are there any spots in the back seat where a ratchet strap could latch on to? Thinking using one of those versus a seat belt to anchor in a car seat...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
just had an idear! Are there any spots in the back seat where a ratchet strap could latch on to? Thinking using one of those versus a seat belt to anchor in a car seat...
There are tie downs in the bed that I’m sure would work. That’s what I did in the Pioneer but I had to add tie down rings for it to work in the front.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I meant to post these earlier on. These are the ATV Tek mirrors. They have vibration dampeners in them, so you can actually use them while you’re moving. My last set was a cheapy set from Amazon and they were only good for slow backing up because they vibrated so much.

The down side was that the clamps weren’t long enough to even use their rubber protectors. I picked up some long clamp tonight, but I’m going to hold off until the soft enclosure comes to see how I may have to modify them or the top to make them work together.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
The front skid plate had been sitting around, but the front A-arm skids made it in today and that motivated me to throw both of them on. I love how they look on these things.

Also, I’ve been pleasantly surprised with how well the Yamaha branded accessories fit on these things.

·
Registered
716 Posts
That thing is really coming together! I like the front skid and a-arm guards on there. The silver looks good on the LE model. Are you getting the rock sliders too?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
That thing is really coming together! I like the front skid and a-arm guards on there. The silver looks good on the LE model. Are you getting the rock sliders too?
Thanks!

I do like the silver/aluminum on the the LE's, and the base. I really think they should have offered black as well though. Mostly for the XTR models, but black would have looked good on the others as well.

I do have to rock sliders on order. They're saying mid-March for an ETA. I guess those are steel and painted silver.

I've been debating the whole "HDPE skid plate" thing for these machines. I ran 1/2" HDPE skids on the Pioneer because it didn't come with any type of factory skids (other than the flimsy plastic junk to cover it up). But they were also known to have weak engine cross braces, that when hit hard, would bend and shift the engine supposedly.

With the factory steel skids on this the RMAX, I'm really debating on wether or not I need anything more. I won't be rock crawling a whole bunch, mostly just family trail cruising and the occasional exploring through the woods.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Here is my 2 1/2 year old in front middle seat from utvma and six year old in back on the booster seat from utvma with the rear bench seat from utvma. Maybe this helps. She was more secure in the front seat than being in the car seat mounted to back seat. The booster seat in the back got the harness to the correct height for her.
View attachment 91194
I like the tires and rims on this rig. I have an X2 just like it. can you give me specs and fitment for these? I'd like some bigger tires on mine but don't know if they will fit. Also, it seems that there's not many bigger tire options for the stock 12 inch rims.

·
Registered
154 Posts
21 - 40 of 41 Posts