Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
July WOTM Winner!
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellas,

Will be picking it up next week once all the add ons come in and are installed. I want to thank you all again for posting info on the machines whether good or bad. I sent some of the poor design/ craftsmanship onto my dealer to look at. Below is what I copied from this site and pasted into an email for them. Please let me know if I left anything other than the lean condition. Not sure if they can fix that without buying a power commander.

How is my machine coming?

Please see if your tech look at these while he is installing my accesy and giving it a once over before I take delivery.

Below is a list of manufacturing problems on the first yr units that I have found on the www.wolverineforums.com

1) They said there was a vent line pinched under the gas tank that wasn't supposed to be pinched. Said it came from the factory like that. This vent line comes from the water pump

2) my rear differential overflow tube, (tube on top of the differential) was dangling down pass the skid plate by the right rear tire.

3) just be sure to check the cvt's, there is a factory flaw that allows dust and water to get…..found dust in the cvt from a poorly assembled cvt tube connection

4) spring that was missing on my decompression mechanism ……..Yamaha left out the spring that holds the counter weight on the camshaft in place decompression pin off my cam or it fell off thus was not decompressing on start up….

Reply from dealer :
Thank you for the email Don. I have my Service Manager John Marshall looking into these items. Thank you for bringing these to my attention.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Personally, I wouldn't send this letter JMO. Just buy one and ride it, then assess what needs to be done. All this will accomplish is giving you a headache, sometimes I think we all on this forum maybe read to much into "issues" and think we have issues that are never really there, i'm very guilty of this. Good luck.

·
Banned
420 Posts
^^^^^^^^ what he said ^^^^^^^

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Mine didn't have the CVT problem at all. Looks like that was taken care of at the factory. Now the rear vent diff hose.. yep and everyone I've seen since still has it falling out of the loops.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
No issues here except the diff vent tube falling down. One lil zip-tie fixes that real quick though. Like Flach24 said, buy it, drive it, and fix what needs to be fixed. These things are going to get beat up and shit will break no doubt about it. Fixing stuff and replacing parts it half the fun. Overall I would say for a first year production model these things are pretty solid.

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
Yep, what they said. I did have my dealer zip tie up the rear diff vent tube but other than that no issues so far.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts