Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am really not a fan of idiot lights + I have read that the cooling fan is designed to come on at 209 F but the idiot light does not come on until around 256 F. I don't know what the parameters for oil pressure are. Don't know if there is a shutdown feature built into the computer?

I want to install a mechanical temp & oil pressure gauge system. I have seen the Temp gauge system that goes into the radiator hose with a battery operated digital gauge. That looks simple enough to install but I would like to have matching gauges. I need to investigate if I can get just that housing and install my own sending unit? Does anyone know where on the motor I can install an oil pressure sending unit?

Thanks in advance fellas.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
UTVinc sells a radiator hose adapter with a built in ground. The oil can be taken off of a hose, but a secure location hard mounted is much better.
For the oil are you talking Temp or PSI? I'm more interested in psi. This thing must have a tap somewhere for the OEM idiot light to work from.

·
Registered
511 Posts
What did you end up doing? I'm feeling the need for more info from the machine as well

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.