Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of replacing the 2.0 Bighorns with Bighorns or something similar. Keeping the stock wheels. I'm assuming that the different sizes won't be a problem. 26x8-12 and 26x10-12 (2.0) vs 26x9-12 and 26x12-12 (Bighorns). The machine is stock.

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
2,842 Posts
2.0 are ballon type you have. Real original is a thicker tire and the one that made it famous. Bearclaw HTR are comparable and depends on use but bother are tires. I have the 27" on my SE as you'd see in my signature below. its the max that will fit on these as it is. 27" Bighorns should also not be a problem. fyi

·
Registered
454 Posts
I am really liking these GBC dirt commander 2.0 on my Rmax.
I like them on my x2 xt-r too. I had Sedona Ripsaws on my gen 1 and they were great, but spit dirt and mud a lot. I like the gbc dirt commanders best so far. I ride in everything except deep mud.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, it looks like no matter which way I go, the front tire will be 9", instead of 8. I'm assuming that the tie rod end won't interfere with the wider tire?
The rears will be 11 or 12.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
tie rod end should have no impact. I would encourage you to think about a 27" tire for opening up a couple options and a little extra ground clearance. Stock motor should have no challenges to the 1" bigger tire.

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
2,842 Posts

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the suggestions. I decided to go with the 26" Bighorns--I think they'll do just fine. The rears arrived yesterday. Big difference between them and the 2.0's...

Reactions: Viking2020

·
Registered
722 Posts
Yep, can't go wrong with the OG Horns, 2.0's are pretty weak.

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
2,842 Posts
I had a micro leak on my HTR tires. Impossible to see and so small only the soap bubbles to find it so small. A super small finishing nail couldn't make that leak the way it was right in the middle of a void. Odd, Can't see how it failed to leak personally.

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I'm pretty sure this will be the only set I'll be buying. The buggy won't get a lot of use, and the 2.0's aren't in bad shape, but I'd rather have new ones now instead of 2-3 years down the road. Old age is playing into this plan...(Me, not the tires...)

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
New 26" Bighorns...These will do just fine...
50646226473_8f31814640_z.jpg
50647059672_98352211e4_z.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts