Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

81 - 100 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
2,622 Posts
Yeah, its likely all the extra money used as ballast !!

Reactions: wolvymanx4

·
Administrator
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Wolverine X4 skids transferred to RMAX4. Only mod I had to do was drill holes for the oil cooler drain plugs. Even though I was about .5" off, I can still get to them.

1.5" hole saw

Jack and step stool make center skid easy to install

One thing you want to be aware of when installing your side skids is that you want to leave a gap between them and the center skid because if you don't, you'll block off the drain holes running between the two. Now is a good time to drill extra drain holes based on the dirt outlines from being installed on your previous X2/X4

The new UHMW skids do have an added section up front for added protection so if you can recoup most of your money on your existing skids, it may or may not be worth buying the updated skids. The front metal retaining plate cannot be reused but I'm not too worried about it.

Finally, if you have the time, buy new hardware, specifically the spring clip nuts as mine were starting to rust. The dished washers should be fine to reuse.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thank you Massive Overkill for the skid plate review. This is another item that can be transferred
over from X2 X4 to the RMAX with a small modification. Planning to take my skid plate from the X2 and transfer it to the R MAX 2 which hopefully be in a few weeks.

·
Registered
96 Posts
and does it have more legroom for a 6-1 guy than the wolverine X2? I realize you bought the 4 seater so maybe that is smaller than the 2 seater...not sure.

·
Administrator
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Hey Massive,

Does the RMAX fit through the 62 inch gates in the hills?
and does it have more legroom for a 6-1 guy than the wolverine X2? I realize you bought the 4 seater so maybe that is smaller than the 2 seater...not sure.
Yes it does fit through the gates. Most trails aren't width restricted and the ones that are, the rangers are giving 2" leeway. The RMAX2/RMAX4 front cabs are identical so they do have a little more leg room than an X2 and better pedal angles. Even though it's mostly my wife and I, the extra covered storage and off chance we have passengers made us get the 4 seater again.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hey Massive, would you be able to confirm the height at the tallest part of the roof?
Thanks

·
Administrator
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
My preferred Adventure Pro layout. Kept RPM and GPS Speed, but swapped in GPS coordinates, Average MPG, and Intake Air Temperature, which I found to be very accurate. I have coolant temp on my instrument cluster already.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I wonder how accurate the mpg is. If it’s accurate that’s good fuel economy.

Reactions: MassiveOverkill

·
Registered
654 Posts
I am eager to check out one of the 21 850s to see how much improvement there is to the entry/exit of the cab and the improved pedal position. I'm about 6' and I really like the seating position in my Gen 1. I was disappointed a bit in how I fit in the X2/X4 when it came out. The RMAX is very similar in the cab to the Gen 1 as far as leg room and riding position. The seats and comfort features in the RMAX are a tremendous upgrade.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Nice easy roll. Sounded fairly quiet as well. Trail mode I take it? No need for sport mode on that trail.
Killing me seeing all these videos when I have had my RMAX2 for nearly a month now and haven't even seen it or driven it yet. Oh well getting broke in on the dyno at Dynojet. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Nice easy roll. Sounded fairly quiet as well. Trail mode I take it? No need for sport mode on that trail.
Killing me seeing all these videos when I have had my RMAX2 for nearly a month now and haven't even seen it or driven it yet. Oh well getting broke in on the dyno at Dynojet. Lol

Yep trail mode for 90% of my riding.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Killing me seeing all these videos when I have had my RMAX2 for nearly a month now and haven't even seen it or driven it yet.

Yes. I asked Massive to stop posting videos until I get mine. It’s killing me also but every day I look to see if there’s any more. Lol :)

81 - 100 of 123 Posts