Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
521 - 538 of 538 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
Add a small boat bilge blower, pulling air into the hose, up close to the radiator and put the bilge blower on a DC motor speed controller. You can have heat coming out of the vents sitting still and under 15 mph, for less than $40.

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
4,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #522 ·
Add a small boat bilge blower, pulling air into the hose, up close to the radiator and put the bilge blower on a DC motor speed controller. You can have heat coming out of the vents sitting still and under 15 mph, for less than $40.
I've tried bilge blowers in heating systems and they don't work well sucking hot air onto the plastic fan blades as they'll melt. They have to blow air towards the heat source not suck it from the heat source. I know what some of you will say that's what they're made for, but they're not made for extreme temps.
It would have to be a small radiator fan mounted to the front of the radiator.

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
What if you back the blower away from the radiator (inline) to where the air temp has cooled down to around 130 degrees F? Surely you don't have 140+ deg air temp coming out of the vents. What is the air temp coming out of the vents? I realize the outside air temp is going to affect it greatly, but would still be good to know at a few different outside temperatures.

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
A friend used a 4" bilge blower on his 2016 Wolverine, mounted at the front inside of the console tunnel, and put it on a switch. When it starts getting warm in the SxS he turns it on to suck all the hot air coming off the radiator and oil cooler and blow it through and out of the console and out the back off the SxS, at the same time it is blowing all the hot air off the engine out the back at the muffler. His has been working like this now for 5 years. Definitely makes a difference on reducing tunnel heat.

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
4,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #525 ·
What if you back the blower away from the radiator (inline) to where the air temp has cooled down to around 130 degrees F? Surely you don't have 140+ deg air temp coming out of the vents. What is the air temp coming out of the vents? I realize the outside air temp is going to affect it greatly, but would still be good to know at a few different outside temperatures.
Pretty close!

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
Bilge blower definitely can stand more heat than the electronics. Once you start getting up close to and above 140 deg. F. most electronics don't like that type of heat. This makes me sort of question the amount of heat getting to the back of the SSV radio, the shock switch on the LE models, and all of the other switches some of us install. The Adventure Pro definitely couldn't stand 140 deg. F or above for very long. Luckily I don't know of anyone that has reported any problems with the OEM radio or switches, having stopped working, so it must be a non-issue.

Reactions: therebel19

·
Registered
1 Posts
Custer, South Dakota. Looks like it will be pretty chilly by Sunday. ......and this is only October.
How is the heating system holding up? I think I will try this for the winter this year. I was in Custer this summer. Wonderful place

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
4,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #528 ·
How is the heating system holding up? I think I will try this for the winter this year. I was in Custer this summer. Wonderful place
Working great!

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
4,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #529 ·
What it takes for my RMAX NOT to start on the very first try. This was from Friday where we had -4F overnight and I purposely left my RMAX out in the cold to see how she'd do:

·
Registered
2022 Rmax sport
1,818 Posts
What it takes for my RMAX NOT to start on the very first try. This was from Friday where we had -4F overnight and I purposely left my RMAX out in the cold to see how she'd do:

Nothing likes starting when it goes below 0 . 16 this morning 1 try . If you live in a area where you are constantly below 0 during the wintertime something maybe to look at ... you get 2 of them for $ 25 1 for pan 1 for tranny.
Rectangle Font Electronic device Cable Wire
Font Material property Rectangle Bag Paint brush
Font Automotive tire Automotive design Auto part Automotive wheel system
Product Output device Camera accessory Audio equipment Gadget

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000 LE
733 Posts
I've used some hot plates that are solid plastic and have magnets on them on my air compressor case at work. It keeps oil hot , and reduces condensation from temp fluctuations. Oil would get milky without.
Product Font Output device Screenshot Electronic device

Worked great , however they all eventually failed and melted. Kinda a big fire hazard especially in a wood shop. Just keep in that in mind with these sticky pads too.

·
Registered
2022 Rmax sport
1,818 Posts
I've used some hot plates that are solid plastic and have magnets on them on my air compressor case at work. It keeps oil hot , and reduces condensation from temp fluctuations. Oil would get milky without.
View attachment 107700
Worked great , however they all eventually failed and melted. Kinda a big fire hazard especially in a wood shop. Just keep in that in mind with these sticky pads too.
That's scary. Worth checking into . I don't think the stickon ones get that hot . But good to keep that in mind 👍

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
4,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #533 ·
80V battery mod. Kobalt 80V seems to be going away and Greenworks makes Kobalt for Lowes.

I really like Greenworks. They replaced my 80V blower with an updated model and just sent me a BRAND NEW 80V Greenworks 80V 18" chainsaw for free even though my old Kobalt was over 5 years old.

·
Registered
2022 Rmax sport
1,818 Posts
I've tried bilge blowers in heating systems and they don't work well sucking hot air onto the plastic fan blades as they'll melt. They have to blow air towards the heat source not suck it from the heat source. I know what some of you will say that's what they're made for, but they're not made for extreme temps.
It would have to be a small radiator fan mounted to the front of the radiator.
Have you seen or tried this thing ? $ 50 12 volt 800 watts I was wondering if this thing would work then hook the nice duct work up that you did with Watch Blue Gadget Electric blue Temperature
Automotive lighting Font Audio equipment Auto part Recreation

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
4,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #537 ·
Have you seen or tried this thing ? $ 50 12 volt 800 watts I was wondering if this thing would work then hook the nice duct work up that you did
That thing pulls 66 amps. Believe me, the radiator puts out plenty of heat and is to full temp within 2 miles. I'm going to say it's better than any add on heat system out there that uses coolant.

·
Registered
2022 Rmax sport
1,818 Posts
That thing pulls 66 amps. Believe me, the radiator puts out plenty of heat and is to full temp within 2 miles. I'm going to say it's better than any add on heat system out there that uses coolant.
Ok Thankyou was looking at this one 50 amps would almost max the sport out at 55 amps $ 40 . Thankyou 👍

Attachments

521 - 538 of 538 Posts