Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
501 - 520 of 538 Posts

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
4,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #501 ·
So do the seats secure in place on the rails with this mod?
They function exactly as before, except when you remove the bottoms, you can slide the backrests forward and off the rails.

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
4,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #502 ·
2022 RMAX 1000 micro improvements

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
4,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #504 ·
What do you all think? Too much play?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Love seeing 6,500 miles on there and random but thanks for all the videos on yt, have found multiple solutions from them.

Assuming no knocks while driving? Curiosity were both vehicles both in neutral or gear for this video (was going to compare mine)?

If your getting noise accelerating I’d go for new yoke or u joint. I’d imagine the thrust from the motor will give a bit more movement than one of us shaking it. Most auto manufacturers have acceptable tolerances anywhere up to 4mm side to side play but zero front the back. With these being scaled down I’d imagine yamaha would recommend minimal play, with all that said, id probably pull it out to replace the yoke & bearing/spring next time you are doing work to it.

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
4,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #506 ·
Love seeing 6,500 miles on there and random but thanks for all the videos on yt, have found multiple solutions from them.

Assuming no knocks while driving? Curiosity were both vehicles both in neutral or gear for this video (was going to compare mine)?

If your getting noise accelerating I’d go for new yoke or u joint. I’d imagine the thrust from the motor will give a bit more movement than one of us shaking it. Most auto manufacturers have acceptable tolerances anywhere up to 4mm side to side play but zero front the back. With these being scaled down I’d imagine yamaha would recommend minimal play, with all that said, id probably pull it out to replace the yoke & bearing/spring next time you are doing work to it.

Both were in the same gear (neutral or high), but I believe high. The noise is persistent at higher speed and nearly undetectable on dirt. I'm betting the front U-joint is worn out.

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
4,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #507 ·

Attachments

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
4,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #508 · (Edited)
The dry storage bag is HEAVY DUTY and very puncture resistant, and of course keeps clothes/electronics/anything else you want to stay dry. It fits under the driver's seat just fine and I've always said that there' a ton of unused storage space underneath the RMAX4/X4's roof and placing these strategically above the rear seats still allows for good rear vision. You could mount them longitudinally as well along the side roll bar cage if you wanted to.

Fluid Liquid Plastic bottle Gas Font

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive exterior

Sky Tree Sleeve Plant Automotive exterior

Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design Bumper

Vehicle Mirror Automotive mirror Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Thanks to Vet Nets owner, Kirk for this opportunity and his service not just to this country but who donates a portion of every sale to Wounded Warrior Project and One Tribe Foundation.

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
4,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #509 ·
Securing your SxS to your trailer without fancy hardware:

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
4,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #511 ·
Heat gun trick for faded plastic:

BTW, it's only $65 to replace those 4 pieces

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Heat gun trick for faded plastic:

BTW, it's only $65 to replace those 4 pieces
Never heard of that.
I’m going to paint mine soon.
Should stick well on that rough plastic.
Never would have guessed 65.00, but are they available LOL

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
4,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #516 ·

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
4,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #518 · (Edited)
Now that it's getting cooler out I thought I'd go over my Cheapie Heater setup:

Amazon's price on the vents have skyrocketed so get them from Summit Racing: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/vta-499194

Flex tubing: https://amzn.to/3CYZvQt

2" ID PVC tubing 2" hose clamps

Plastic to cut and make side block-offs

3 pack of spaghetti sauce for the handle carrier piece

Previous post on it:

·
Premium Member
2021 Rmax4 LE.
536 Posts
Now that it's getting cooler out I thought I'd go over my Cheapie Heater setup:

Amazon's price on the vents have skyrocketed so get them from Summit Racing: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/vta-499194

Flex tubing: https://amzn.to/3CYZvQt

2" ID PVC tubing 2" hose clamps

Plastic to cut and make side block-offs

3 pack of spaghetti sauce for the handle carrier piece

Previous post on it:

Nice. My favorite variety of ingenuity...."keep it simple, stupid"
What about abs pipe. Not sure about I'd.

·
Registered
848 Posts
The Cheapie Heater is totally legit! I really blows my mind how much warmth you get from that set up and I've experienced it first hand. Nice work Massive! I need to rig something like this for my Viking soon.

501 - 520 of 538 Posts