2021 RMAX 2 XT-R
648 Posts
Reactions: atkbike

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
4,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #488 ·
While I had my plastics off to do install my Weller Racing sheave, I took the opportunity to do some more mods:

Covered my CVT housing at the top with aluminum tape to deflect heat from the hot radiator hose

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Toy Road surface

Road surface Motor vehicle Asphalt Automotive tire Sidewalk

Thermotec'd by passenger side footwell since the stock piece lost adhesion probably since it was new and added aluminum tape to the bare area

Bumper Automotive exterior Gas Motor vehicle Recreation

Cut my passenger side footwell so it or the piece above the gas tank can be removed separately

Gas Wood Composite material Auto part Metal

Drinks get hot in the summer so I added Thermotec around the drink holders and added some to the front part of the tunnel, not that that area got hot but figured it could help with noise

Gas Art Tints and shades Font Electric blue

I still need to put more holes in the outer section of the rear wheel well panels

Automotive tire Wood Tread Bumper Automotive exterior

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
4,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #490 · (Edited)
Been a busy week at the Barrera household. 2 new mini donks in one week:

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
4,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #492 ·

Feel free to respond to that post here.

·
Registered
3,656 Posts

Feel free to respond to that post here.
Are you saying you put Tinkseal in the tranny and the noise stopped or quieted some?

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
4,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #494 ·
Are you saying you put Tinkseal in the tranny and the noise stopped or quieted some?
I'm not saying one is the result of the other and I'm going down tomorrow to the dealership to pick her up and see if the sound is really gone. I also put Seafoam and 91 octane after draining the tank as there's been a rash of fuel-related issues in the Black Hills. I put some TS on the front driveshaft splines as I was going to remove the driveshaft (which I gave up on after realizing there's no way to prevent the yokes from flopping without the U joints removed.

·
Registered
2020 X2 XTR
204 Posts
I'm not saying one is the result of the other and I'm going down tomorrow to the dealership to pick her up and see if the sound is really gone. I also put Seafoam and 91 octane after draining the tank as there's been a rash of fuel-related issues in the Black Hills. I put some TS on the front driveshaft splines as I was going to remove the driveshaft (which I gave up on after realizing there's no way to prevent the yokes from flopping without the U joints removed.
I‘ve been having cold starting issues and running kind of rough since getting back from the Hill’s. I noticed my in-laws General was starting hard also the last couple days we were there. I had 3/4 of a tank yet when we got home. We went for a ride and I ran it down below a 1/4 of a tank and filled it with 91 octane and put seafoam in it but have not been out for a lengthy ride to see if it helps. We bought all our gas from the Mercantile in Nemo.

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
I’ve had the tick along time. This is the sound so many have described as metal rattling or gravel hitting the skid and a loose marble in the transmission. It’s the sound I thought was the E brake because if you tap on the caliper it sounds very similar. Some have removed the entire caliper and still have the noise. Others have got a new transmission and say it’s gone.
I think it’s all the same noise but the noise in your video was different.
I do find it interesting that my ticking noise was dramatically reduced by adjusting the E brake, just not eliminated.
I also notice the tick not just at 25-30 mph like so many say but at crawling speeds sometimes as well, and if my rear window is off it’s more than twice as audible.

Reactions: MassiveOverkill

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
4,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #498 ·

·
Administrator
2021 RMAX4 LE
4,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #499 ·
$3.50 at Bomgaars. Initially I went to their hardware section (with all the individual parts in drawers) and they had them there for $3.50 for one.

Material property Gas Font Rectangle Technology

Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive exterior Gas

Feel free to trim the length but I simply put a spring on mine to take up the slack/slop

Motor vehicle Bumper Gas Auto part Automotive exterior

481 - 500 of 538 Posts