Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts
Discussion starter · #21 ·
Massive, do you have step by step with pictures? I'm a little lost, but would really like to put one in.
Unfortunately no, but I may do something for the RMAX.

I have a flip windshield and back shield also. It will fog the inside at times. I put two muffin fans so they blow on the windshield. Thanks Massive for the idea!

Reactions: MassiveOverkill
Discussion starter · #24 ·
Back in the day there was something very similar offered for the rhino. The guy later made a youtube video showing how to make one:

I contacted him to see if he'd make something for the current models without reply :(

Discussion starter · #26 ·
Cool idea Massive! How's it working out? Are you still satisfied with it?
It's a bazillion times better on the RMAX because there's more room for the ducting and the radiator is MUCH easier to box in. The RMAX, with more power output also puts out MUCH more radiator heat, so I have heat starting at 1 mile and NICE heat at 2 miles.

Discussion starter · #28 ·
Thanks for the video. Will you remove the blocked off pieces in hot weather?
Yes I will. They're only held on by 2 zip ties on each panel. I have a 3rd zip tie on the passenger side that keeps the panel shut, but if I remove it, the panel will open a little under tension, so during transition from winter to spring, there's some bypass.

Discussion starter · #30 ·
Massive, can you explain how you got the ducting fished through and connected to the louvres?
Lot's of cussing, bruised and scraped knuckles and sore back muscles? I had to climb on top of the hood area. The RMAX is sooooooo much easier to do than the X2/X4.

Discussion starter · #32 ·
Any updates or new idea's on the heater? Were you happy with the performance this last winter?
On my RMAX4 I'm absolutely happy with it. I just removed the 2 side panels since Spring is here and it still captures enough heat from the radiator to take the chill off at night.

Ok I know this is an older post, but I’m hoping you see this massive. I have an OG Wolverine and I’m trying to do this with a small cookie sheet (oven pan). I’d like a little more info.

So the fan is behind the rad obviously, and there’s not much room behind it. But the outlet of the fan is round. Did you put your kitty litter hot air collector directly onto the round outlet of the fan to completely block it off? I’m just worried that if I put my cookie sheet flat against the back of the fan, it’ll get too hot and overheat the bike.

I hope I get a response, thanks!!

Discussion starter · #35 ·
I'm sure Massive will see and respond but I have only covered the bottom half and so far it hasn't changed the radiator's cooling capabilities. Only so much air can be forced through the ducts.
Nice job!

Ok I know this is an older post, but I’m hoping you see this massive. I have an OG Wolverine and I’m trying to do this with a small cookie sheet (oven pan). I’d like a little more info.

So the fan is behind the rad obviously, and there’s not much room behind it. But the outlet of the fan is round. Did you put your kitty litter hot air collector directly onto the round outlet of the fan to completely block it off? I’m just worried that if I put my cookie sheet flat against the back of the fan, it’ll get too hot and overheat the bike.

I hope I get a response, thanks!!
No don't block it off, your thoughts are correct. Leave a gap.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.