Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Starting to look for my next pickup. I really miss driving a manual transmission. I have a Ram 1500 now and it's been a great truck. The only pickups I see that have the manual transmission are the Jeep Gladiator or Toyota Tacoma. I could get a stick in the Ram 2500, but not sure I want that just because of gas prices these days. Anyone else like the manual transmission?

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Red-neck Edition RMAX2 XT-R
1,323 Posts
Starting to look for my next pickup. I really miss driving a manual transmission. I have a Ram 1500 now and it's been a great truck. The only pickups I see that have the manual transmission are the Jeep Gladiator or Toyota Tacoma. I could get a stick in the Ram 2500, but not sure I want that just because of gas prices these days. Anyone else like the manual transmission?

I wish I had gone with the manual shift when I bought my Dodge Ram 2500 back in '96. Go with the RAM 2500 2 door. Because we don't take our trucks to go grocery shopping. ;)

Reactions: KeithStone76

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wish I had gone with the manual shift when I bought my Dodge Ram 2500 back in '96. Go with the RAM 2500 2 door. Because we don't take our trucks to go grocery shopping. ;)
That is a fact. If I could leave the wife at home and just take the dog, I could probably get away with that.

·
Registered
2021 Canned Ham Maverick Sport Max 1000r
788 Posts
That is a fact. If I could leave the wife at home and just take the dog, I could probably get away with that.

bench seat.. wife in the middle, and let that hand slip while going into 2nd, and 4th, and sometimes 6th.. oh high school days

·
Registered
573 Posts
I haven’t had a manual transmission in over 20 years. I did love it but got tired of replacing clutch’s every 80k miles.

·
Registered
963 Posts
I bought a Tacoma because I wanted a manual shift but Hess what they are not fun because lack of power. Manual shift is only fun with a higher hp motor. Sold the Tacoma.

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
I disagree on that but it depends on where and what your driving. I had a 96 Mustang GT that was a turd but going up to the lake on the twisty roads was fun shifting. My 93 Chevy was even less horsepower and heavier but having full control was fun. Most important was we never needed a driver in the hay field. Put in low and me another guy could load and stack hay on the trailer while the truck idled at just the right speed through the field. We just needed to reach through the window at the end of a row to turn it.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I bought a Tacoma because I wanted a manual shift but Hess what they are not fun because lack of power. Manual shift is only fun with a higher hp motor. Sold the Tacoma.
I wouldn't agree with that. I had a 2006 Tacoma with a stick, and it had plenty of power for me and it was fun to drive. It was actually one of the better pick ups I've owned.

·
Registered
963 Posts
If I’m going to go out tearing up the road it’s not going to be in a Toyota Tacoma lol. In my opinion that’s why they only make sport cars with the manual transmission’s I don’t want to just shift gears I want to be able to use the clutch for getting the power when needed and to sometimes save you from crashing during a spin out.

·
Registered
3,769 Posts
I get that. My take on it was for fun and work purposes (though both my vehicles were daily driver for years and over 300,000 on the Chevy). I do want my kids to know how to drive a manual. My oldest who still has a few years before she can drive legally wants a Mustang. I'm going to find her an 80s manual Ranger or S10. She'll hate it but eventually respect it.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I get that. My take on it was for fun and work purposes (though both my vehicles were daily driver for years and over 300,000 on the Chevy). I do want my kids to know how to drive a manual. My oldest who still has a few years before she can drive legally wants a Mustang. I'm going to find her an 80s manual Ranger or S10. She'll hate it but eventually respect it.
I learned on a '83 S10 4x4. 4 speed I believe. I bought it and had no idea how to drive a stick. Haha!

·
Registered
617 Posts
I wish the same for my 2004 Dodge Ram 2500. I missed out on a nice 6-speed manual because I didn’t like the color. Truck’s been great regardless, though.

Reactions: KeithStone76
1 - 16 of 16 Posts