Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
November WOTM Winner!
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made some mud deflectors for my radiator after I plugged the radiator up with mud a while back and actually overheated the machine. So far they seem to be pretty effective. I'll get them painted so they look better. I just wish this machine had a coolant temp reading so that I could see if the running temp is really any different with these than without. What you guys think these?

IMG_20150613_192855_289.jpg IMG_20150613_192902_151.jpg IMG_20150613_192921_637.jpg IMG_20150613_193339_883.jpg

·
Super Moderator
2,049 Posts
I have to laugh. That is literally the exact same thing I sketched up this weekend....that bolt was the only one I felt comfortable using, plus I could use it to pivot the bracket for the right angle. You should patent and sell em to proarmor or something lol. I will likely make a set in the next few weeks. Good job man.

·
November WOTM Winner!
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have to laugh. That is literally the exact same thing I sketched up this weekend....that bolt was the only one I felt comfortable using, plus I could use it to pivot the bracket for the right angle. You should patent and sell em to proarmor or something lol. I will likely make a set in the next few weeks. Good job man.
I already made a new and improved design, added a gusset lol! I think it will give it a little strength that it could probably take a good hit. Patent pending design!

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Thanks for posting this. Looking to do something like that with some left over flashing and tin snips. :D You should go into production mode and sell them like hotcakes. LOL

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Ok, did the passenger side to see how it goes. Made some out of flashing and not nearly as robust as yours. Just want to keep the mud splash out mainly. I actually wrapped it around the radiator and used the fan mount screw to secure the back. So front and back are secured and not flopping around.

Back secured to fan shroud.

And this is all I used.

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Driver side is done. Think I like this one a little better than the passenger side. I went up the full lenght of the radiator. I did put some drill holes at the top to not block all the airflow up there but to keep big chunks of mud out.

·
November WOTM Winner!
877 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here's what the finished product looked like. They did a great job of keeping the radiator clean this weekend but I still somehow managed to overheat it again. Thinking I have another problem with the cooling system. IMG_20150620_091735498.jpg IMG_20150620_091741713.jpg

1 - 11 of 11 Posts