Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So had the front wheels cranked all the way left on a sharp muddy down hill turn and i slide into a 3" tree about 10 mph... It bent the factory lower control arm like a piece of copper... I couldn't believe it! It gave us a little jerk but it wasn't hard... didnt even scratch the paint on my 14" wheels.. Top arm is fine, it bent right where the factory one curves... kinked it right up! Shit happens right? Get on line, 49.00 from yamaha, no big deal. I buy it last friday and i get a email today saying that yamaha won't be offering any until early April...:mad: Backordered!

This sucks...... I tired beating it back out but its to far gone...

I guess it goes without saying, be careful with them until April!

·
Registered
367 Posts
I have hit alot of crap with mine harder then you say you have and mine are unscathed. Guess it might have been the 1200 lbs of machine behind it who knows .. sucks that they are back ordered till April. One thing I can say with these machines is I am unsatisfied with the parts availability thus far

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
I agree parts availability sucks.

I'd rather bend an a-arm than tear up the frame.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Screen Shot 2016-02-09 at 10.22.00 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-02-09 at 10.22.10 PM.png

I didn't take one of it damaged, here are the pics of it after i cut it and put it on the press. I got it pretty darn close and i plated it were it was kinked flat, I suppose i will do until i get my new part!
One thing i felt really strange about was the ball joints. When i was removing the bottom one i pulled the lock pin out and put the racket on it. I started trying to take it off and kept thinking my ratchet was slipping or soothing. Finally i grab the nut and its finger tight.... I get it off and the joint looks good and so does the shaft. I decide to pill the pin on the top, By damn if it wasn't loose also. I don't know if the shock loosed them up or stretched them out or what? I checked the left side and it wasn't loose.. but i got a good turn top and bottom on them.

Also trail cutter, yes a lot of places shows them but there is zero of them in the entire US until the release date. ( i called yamaha ) they said all the parts have been being used on the units.

·
Registered
347 Posts
I had the same exact scenario happen with my grizzly a few years ago, I caught a root with a front tire and ripped the aarm back, I was pleased it was the aarm though and didn't bend the frame. Fortunately they had the aarms in stock though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts