Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy fellas , I found this forum after searching info on the Wolv. I see I am at the right place , I must say ending up with a wolverine has been an odyssey. Since I late 2012 I have owned a RZR 800, Honda Rancher 4x4 , Ranger 570 mid size, Honda Foreman 500 4x4, Can Am Outlander 500l and finally the Wolv. Any how I am looking fore some trouble free trail riding and hopefully a trip to CO . After recent events with the newly purchased Canned Ham I had to do some soul searching and the machines that have given me the most trouble free service have been Yamaha and luckily for me the dealer that sold me the Canned Ham also sold Yamaha . Any how I am glad to make this discovery.

·
Registered
388 Posts
welcome to the forum i too am a LA boi! from homer. but now living in bossier city.. did you get it at Rock powersports? this forum has lots of good info a lot of knowledgable people on here.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I purchased it at natchitoches power sports. Are you doing any trail riding in the are? Loggy bayou has some trails that ate legal to ride until Feb 28th but I am sure they ate a bog by now. Do you know the dare officer in homer Ben Booth.?

·
Registered
388 Posts
I see. Not to much trail riding for me right now I'm wrapped up chasing these whitetail deers. I would like to check that loggy bayou deal out i didn't even know you could ride out there.... Yes i do know him... he may have taught me dare too wayyyyy back... also, he used to chase me around in my younger days haha! how do you know him?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
At one time I was married to his sister in-law. Most all WMA's have some trails though they are only open sept 1 -feb 28 or something to that effect, You must purchase a $15 permit and keep the tires under 26"

·
Registered
385 Posts
Welcome to the forum and a wealth of knowledge. You now own the most comfortable sxs a one tuff machine, you will not be sorry you bought yamaha. :cool:

·
Registered
91 Posts
A great place to trail ride is Wolf Pen Gap. It is a little bit east of Mena, AR. Google maps puts it about 4 hours north of Coushatta. About 35 miles of good trails through the mountains. If you are looking for a mud bog, this isn't it. It has mostly hard pack/rocky trails, with varying difficulty levels. There are a bunch of campgrounds and cabins near the trail heads. Unload at the campground and you don't have to put it back on the trailer until time to go home. The main trails are closed for dear season, but i think they open back up in January.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
A great place to trail ride is Wolf Pen Gap. It is a little bit east of Mena, AR. Google maps puts it about 4 hours north of Coushatta. About 35 miles of good trails through the mountains. If you are looking for a mud bog, this isn't it. It has mostly hard pack/rocky trails, with varying difficulty levels. There are a bunch of campgrounds and cabins near the trail heads. Unload at the campground and you don't have to put it back on the trailer until time to go home. The main trails are closed for dear season, but i think they open back up in January.
I have been riding WPG for about 15 years now. it is a good place to ride though it isn't what it was 10 years ago. I work in the mud so looking for a mud hole isn't my cup of tea. I have ridden several places in AR such as Bear creek, Fourch MTN, not to mention trails outside of WPG. I will be up there the last week in Jan.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I like WPG and all the surrounding trails, or dirt roads is what i call them. I rented a cabin, it was called black bear cabin rentals or something really nice me and my wife went. it amazed me that you can ride on all those roads up there if you go a certain speed limit like the cops dont care or anything up there you have a lot of freedom to ride all kinds of roads. it is not like that here in LA you dont have the freedom to just ride roads like that in a lot of places here

1 - 11 of 11 Posts