Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a problem over 20 miles an hour with excessive clutch noise in there 2015 Wolverine???
The high pitch whine requires us to wear ear plugs

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
Yep. I wear a helmet though, so I don't even notice it. There is a thread floating around here somewhere, but basically nothing is wrong, just the nature of the beast.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I never noticed it although I have always had CanAm and they are VERY loud. The wolverine is super quiet.

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
They all make some noise. It's motor, trans, CVT, exhaust isn't like a car where you are separated by metal and a bunch of sound deadening material. Motor is exposed and you are only separated from it by some plastic. Overall, the wolverine is pretty quiet and I have noticed that the belt whine has lessened as it was broken in.

I have a 2r exhaust tip so I hear the exhaust over everything else pretty much. The YXZ is just a bit quieter but the motor/exhaust makes more noise. Took the spark arrestor off the YXZ and holy crap that thing screams and it much louder than the Wolverine's exhaust. Probably be putting it back on the YXZ. LOL

IMG_20151112_193319_994.jpg

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Was holding out for Blue but I couldn't resist when the wife said let's go get the yellow. LOL So far, it's great. Definitely not the rock crawler, hill climber or mud machine the Wolverine excels at. It does go fast and the faster you drive it the better. Like when doing slow short shifts and lugging it around the trans clunks from the drive line lash. A quick clutch stab/shift without releasing pressure from the gas and it's smooth as butter.

Steering is very light and responsive. Did I mention it's pretty fast? Heck, a low rpm cruise in 5th is 45+mph. LOL The people complaining about the suspension being harsh are nutts. It rides really well after I setup the suspension how I like it. Wolverine is more floaty when going slow but the YXZ isn't stiff..just controlled. I figure after the suspension breaks in and the springs work in that I'll be tightening things back up.

Clutch is very very light and I'm getting the Rekluse installed when all the accessories come in. Got the Rekluse clutch, desert bumper, winch, switch plate, Halo LED lightbar, front/back windshield, GYTR performance filters,

I love shifting.. my GTO is a 6 speed and I've always had manuals. My long list of dirtbikes and quads for the past 35 years have all been manual. It's just second nature to me and feels right. Don't get me wrong the Wolverine is a blast and it serves a totally different purpose. No way I would like take the YXZ around the farm hauling wood and so forth. People talk a lot about the tall first gear.. I don't find it very tall at all. Maybe for rock crawling or stopping when hill climbing, it would need some granny gear. But for normal trail riding it's perfect. Where my sport quad goes 3 mph at idle in first the YXZ goes 4mph and it has much more grunt off idle. Just seems tall because you have 10,500 rpm to play with.

Well, if anyone wants to know more just ask away.
D

·
Registered
718 Posts
They all make some noise. It's motor, trans, CVT, exhaust isn't like a car where you are separated by metal and a bunch of sound deadening material. Motor is exposed and you are only separated from it by some plastic. Overall, the wolverine is pretty quiet and I have noticed that the belt whine has lessened as it was broken in.

I have a 2r exhaust tip so I hear the exhaust over everything else pretty much. The YXZ is just a bit quieter but the motor/exhaust makes more noise. Took the spark arrestor off the YXZ and holy crap that thing screams and it much louder than the Wolverine's exhaust. Probably be putting it back on the YXZ. LOL

View attachment 1730
I'm jealous! You have the best of both worlds.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts