Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend I installed a clutch kit and found the staked nut that holds the clutch on was so loose I removed it with my fingers.

·
Administrator
2,188 Posts
For the wet clutch? That's not good, probably wasn't staked correctly.

·
Registered
157 Posts
The mount that holds the roof on was vibrating pretty bad when I had it out on a test drive. I can likely track that down, but it was annoying.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Seat backs both came a little loose on me

·
Registered
74 Posts
The bolt on the seat belt (passenger side) that attaches the belt to the roll bar popped out while bombing down a trail. Seat belt was under tension so the bolt got launched out into parts unknown, we couldn't find it. My wife used some binder twine to tie it back up. Dealer replaced the bolt but that was the last thing we thought would come loose. Bit of a QC issue in our minds.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I checked the air intake pipes they were all good. But I haven't checked the cvt breather pipes yet. They look kind of pita to get to. May check em today though. Only 1 bolt on the cross bars roll over structure behind the seats. After the dealer added a 600$ handeling / assembly fee to my bank loan. And the only thing they do is assemble that structure. They Can't even do that right. Haha. I just try to avoid shops as much as possible. So I know it was done right. I need to get a repair manual for it next.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Installed a Rear Grab Bar to the New Wolverine. Noticed a rattle from underneath, found the driver side aluminum skid plate bolts all loose and two missing. Had to tighten all the skid plate bolts as they weren't tight. That doesn't instill a lot of dealer confidence. Got the dealer to order more bolts.

·
Registered
92 Posts
drivers seat was loose when we purchased the machine. later noticed engine intake boots were loose. also just had some of the cvt duct work fall off due to loose clamps.

·
Super Moderator
3,796 Posts
All these loose parts are factory Newnan Georgia assembled for the most part, a dealer may catch some of them but not all depending on the assembler (a $15.00 warehouse monkey, or a certified mechanic who cares). Make sure your dealers know about this!

·
Registered
65 Posts
The bolt on the seat belt (passenger side) that attaches the belt to the roll bar popped out while bombing down a trail. Seat belt was under tension so the bolt got launched out into parts unknown, we couldn't find it. My wife used some binder twine to tie it back up. Dealer replaced the bolt but that was the last thing we thought would come loose. Bit of a QC issue in our minds.
I've had the same issue but found the bolt.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Repair manual can be down loaded from this forum.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I know this thread is a little old. I also had one of the bolts that holds the seat belt to the roll cage rattle out and the driver seat bolts loosened up.

Anyone know the part number for the seat belt bolt?

Definitely need to check the whole machine over for anything else that might have come loose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Reactions: MORSNO

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
Another bolt/s that are very prone to coming loose are the (3) bolts that secure the seat back to its frame, check both the driver's seat back and the passenger's. I ended up having to put some blue loctite on mine to keep them from loosing.

Reactions: MORSNO
1 - 16 of 16 Posts