Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

Who wants a long travel kit for the RMAX?

• Yes

Votes: 8 44.4%
  • No

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 3 16.7%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never created a poll but Budro2 and I have advocated for a long travel kit on and off for quite awhile and I figured it would be interesting to see what the response is for this. Thanks to Super ATV, portals and higher clearance arms are available but no takers yet on manufacturing a long travel kit. These were everywhere for Rhino‘s and it would great to see more suspension options for the RMAX. Given the amount of axle replacements, why not change a few more parts and have long travel with stronger axles. As usual, not everyone will want it and I welcome counter arguments. No hurt feels here, just want an accurate gauge of interest.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
HCR also does long travel kits but I don’t know who else.
HCR is in my old home town but my brother is not impressed with their attitude and customer service while living right there.
He just ordered SATV long travel for his KRX.

Reactions: wolvymanx4

·
Registered
2022 Yamaha RMax4 LE
65 Posts
I would like long travel on my RMAX4. If I had an RMAX2 I’d be a yes for sure. The inherent clearance issues of the 4’s a$$ end, and the fact that SuperATV decided not to build the offset rear arms because of rear well clearance, makes me feel like long travel probably would’t equal the same gains for an RMAX4 as it could for the RMAX2. It would really depend on the gain for my rig, price, and design. If the results were solid and total parts under $4000 including axles, then yes. Much more than that and I think I’d pass.
If we weren’t supposed to give our opinions, please disregard all previous statements and replace with “maybe”

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would probably get a stock KRX before doing a long travel kit on any sport utility UTV. These kits are pretty expensive ($5k+) and at the end of the day you would still be limited by the rear a-arms.
Fair point on getting a KRX. Price and increased stress on all the frame mounts are additional negatives for long travel kits.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Another maybe, I love the theory of it and it would be rad to have but the yxz kits are $5-8k and idk that it would be justifiable at that price for most the trails we ride outside of a few at wind rock.

If closer to 2-3k range I’d 100% be a yes. At the 5-8k it would be more tempting to get another xj to rag out

1 - 10 of 10 Posts