Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 XT-R 1000
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would throw this out there, as I have noticed several Folks commenting on how they have been waiting on backordered accessories. And how some are waiting for machines to come in as well. I had a very long conversation with Jared, at Big Pine Sports in Utah, and I can tell you...they have a top notch operation going there! He is the one that answered the phone and was more than happy to address all of my questions.

1. If you want almost ANY accessory for one of these new RMAX's - they pretty much have everything in stock. I think the only thing he said that was back ordered was the full hard cab (due in Febuary)

2. He mentioned that they do sell quite a few machines to out-of-state customers. He also gave me an OTD price on a 4 seater RMAX 1000 that would save me almost $2,000 from what my local (SoCal) dealers have quoted me. The downside for me is that it's a 13 hour round trip...but I AM considering it!...LOL!

3. IMPORTANT - For those of you that are looking to get an extended "YES" warranty, even if you purchase (or already purchased) a machine elsewhere...they are offering a special that I believe is pretty spectacular! Again, they are offering this to anyone...regardless of where you purchase/d your machine!

He also indicated that they do pass on a discount for all accessories but the shipping costs on the larger items can make that a little dicey. For instance, they have plenty of the D-mode switches in stock, and those wouldn't be too much to ship. On the other side of that - they do have plenty of windshields as well, but the shipping would obviously be more for a larger item like that. I would still recommend checking, because I know most of us would easily pay a bit more for shipping and then get our order sooner than later.

Anyways, thought I would throw this info out there for those of you looking for something.

Contact Jared at 435-851-3637 for more info if you like.

M-n-T

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000 LE
34 Posts
I think when it comes to YAMAHA accessories, your best bet is a Authorized dealer. They get first dibs on parts. Often I think the delay with aftermarket vendors is , that they may not stock it, which means they order from YAMAHA , and have to wait until YAMAHA Authorized dealers get their orders first.

Which is how it should be imo.

Also , if you have a history with your factory dealer , most all will give you 10-15% off. It's only when you order directly from YAMAHA that you won't get a discount.
My dealer definitely gives a discount on accessories when buying a machine from him. I know he gives most people about 6 months of discounted time after purchase date.
Buy multiple machines over the years , all your fluids and accessories and that can be easily negotiable to "always" 😉.

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 1000 LE
34 Posts
too bad i'm in michigan.. too much of a road trip for this guy lol
How about SE Wisconsin ?

·
Registered
280 Posts
Dude!!! 13 hour trip is nothing!!! I do that just to go have fun!! DO IT!!!

·
Registered
2021 RMAX4 XT-R 1000
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dude!!! 13 hour trip is nothing!!! I do that just to go have fun!! DO IT!!!
If I can see some free time coming ...I am seriously considering it! I drive much further than that for most of my hunting trips!

When you Folks are negotiating, don't forget, you can add the extended warranty later through Jared with just a phone call. If you already have a machine and you are on the fence contemplating adding it now, I would call him...they are having a special and the number he gave me was VERY reasonable. Even if I bought one of the local machines (still here after a month now) I would add the warranty later with him.

·
Registered
249 Posts
How about SE Wisconsin ?

the wisconsin idea is already there since my brother and sister in law live outside of green bay lol. They have a 2020 X4 XTR and he is always bugging me to buy a rmax and bring it out there to ride. was even nice enough to offer to store it for me as well (for a small fee of riding/driving it lol).

·
Registered
153 Posts
I've ordered from RockyMountainATV and Partzilla. Both generally have OEM parts and sell below "MSRP" on parts.

Note: Sometimes you have to remove the "-" in the part numbers on partzilla to find the parts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts