Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Can anyone provide a detailed description with pics on how they installed there 18in limiter straps? I did the 2in front Perfex lift and have had the sway bar in the front disconnected for a while but didn't notice the shock slap till after the lift, had a weekend after the lift was installed to give the unit a true test now thinking the limit straps are necessary if you disconnect your sway bars or you get the dreaded clunk. Thanks!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Anyone?
Can anyone provide a detailed description with pics on how they installed there 18in limiter straps? I did the 2in front Perfex lift and have had the sway bar in the front disconnected for a while but didn't notice the shock slap till after the lift, had a weekend after the lift was installed to give the unit a true test now thinking the limit straps are necessary if you disconnect your sway bars or you get the dreaded clunk. Thanks!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Not sure exactly what you are looking for since the installation is straight forward with straps connecting to the shock mounting bolts. I can share pics of my X4 installation if that helps. You can also find install instructions on 814 UTV Suspension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: twodogs

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thanks for the info. As you say, 814 uses and supplies longer shock mounting bolts. See video below - strap portion begins at about 1:55.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yep. You will definitely need longer bolts and a spacer to provide space between the strap and the shock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
I used longer bolt and some delrin spacers to space the strap mount out away from the shock.

Reactions: twodogs
21 - 26 of 26 Posts