Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have been wondering what the RPM is when it hits the limiter at 25 mph in low and at 50 mph in high. And what is " actually" red line RPM for this machine. Thanks in advance!!

·
Banned
420 Posts
Your speeds seem a little low at rpm limit. I can run 54 all day long on flat ground in high. In low I know I've been over 30. Not sure of top speed in low but why would you go over 30 in low.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't taken it to its limits yet or haven't trying to find its top speeds in high or low. "Because I'm breaking the engine in slowly ". After ten hours , I'll start to stretch her legs a bit, the head mechanic at the dealer told me the limiter was set at 25mph in low and 50 mph in high. And that I understand How the wet clutch works. I'm not worried about the low top speed. Just wanna know rpms at the limiter. And what is actually "red line "

·
Banned
420 Posts
Oh ok. Well I think once you choose to open her up you will see something near 54. Dealer just playing it safe which is good. It sure is a fun machine though isn't it ?

Reactions: Bert

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
With the powercommander and raised Rev limit/sheave mine hit 61 at 7200rpm. So I'm guessing 7100 is probably the regular limit. Think I was hitting about 42 in low but with 28" tires that would be 46ish by GPS

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
With the powercommander and raised Rev limit/sheave mine hit 61 at 7200rpm. So I'm guessing 7100 is probably the regular limit. Think I was hitting about 42 in low but with 28" tires that would be 46ish by GPS
. Perfect ,thank you!! Now would you say that's "7200" is about 1000 - 500 rpms under "red line danger area" or is that its actuall red line for this engine"

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Oh ok. Well I think once you choose to open her up you will see something near 54. Dealer just playing it safe which is good. It sure is a fun machine though isn't it ?
. It's everything I'd hope it would be. Very fun and so comfortable!

·
Registered
718 Posts
With stockish size tires and no power commander or sheave mods, I can get to 40 in low gear.

Reactions: Bert

·
Engineer
1,914 Posts
. Perfect ,thank you!! Now would you say that's "7200" is about 1000 - 500 rpms under "red line danger area" or is that its actuall red line for this engine"
Your engine should go well into the 8000 rpm range, possibly 9k before it disintegrates. 8500 is probably true red line. Your rev limiter and lack of power will keep you from reaching that number.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thank you.!!! ^^ That's what I was tiring to get to.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
54 not fast enough for a little short wheel based buggy with low speed rated tires? Not meaning to be critical but in most places the 2 lane road speed limit is 55 mph for automobiles.
Here the speed limit on county roads is 25 mph on the extreme right shoulder for ORV's. How fast do you need to go down a two track?

Reactions: TINKEN

·
Engineer
1,914 Posts
I rarely even go over 40 across the desert. But it's nice to be able to go 55 if I hop on the highway. Yamaha still uses the Rhino helix on the Wolverine, so you can tune the cvt to relax the engine rpm at the higher cruise speeds. I added addition fuel on my pcv maps on top to reduce wot seizures.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.