Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I searched and read all I could about straps on an X2, a little banter but no solid reviews after install on brand and length.
Who has them and what was the purchase length.

Reactions: Ghost23

·
Premium Member
2021 Rmax4 LE.
510 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 Rmax Sport
449 Posts
So I searched and read all I could about straps on an X2, a little banter but no solid reviews after install on brand and length.
Who has them and what was the purchase length.
Call PRP and tell them what you have. That's what I did. Only reason I ran straps was because I had 30"s and no sway bars. Jack the machine up and measure shock mounting holes center to center to get an extended length. I think I ran 19" straps on front and 17 or 18 rear. You will have to source longer shock bolts and get some kind of spacers to space the strap mount out away from the spring. I took my stock bolts to Fastenal and they ordered longer and stronger bolts. Used delrin spacers I got at Lowe's.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Call PRP and tell them what you have. That's what I did. Only reason I ran straps was because I had 30"s and no sway bars. Jack the machine up and measure shock mounting holes center to center to get an extended length. I think I ran 19" straps on front and 17 or 18 rear. You will have to source longer shock bolts and get some kind of spacers to space the strap mount out away from the spring. I took my stock bolts to Fastenal and they ordered longer and stronger bolts. Used delrin spacers I got at Lowe's.
Great info Man!! Helpin people!! I dig it!!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Took measurements with the sway bars disconnected. At full drop on the machine front and rear are at 19.75 to 19.875.
Thanks for the help gents,
Time to make some phone calls

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rear driver's strap will run close to the exhaust.

·
Premium Member
2022 Rmax Sport
449 Posts
Rear driver's strap will run close to the exhaust.
Yes it will. I zip tied mine to the coil springs. Pull the strap down and take out all the slack from the top portion of the strap. Then zip tie it to the coil spring. It will make a loop in the bottom half of the strap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts