1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
811 Posts
I mounted one to my Winch Mount location, It works great for my style of driving.
20180822_093317_1558103312235.jpg

Reactions: atkbike and blast

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I mounted one to my Winch Mount location, It works great for my style of driving.
View attachment 75538
I like that idea but I already have a winch. I do like how you have your blinker lights mounted into your front grille though.

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
2,635 Posts
I have the same machine and mounted on the curved top section of the bumper.

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
2,635 Posts
My son came down, crazy driver, but we went down the trail a ways in the dark testing the upgrade LED headlights, amber light bar at the front and the backup lights. The backup light are fabulous lighting way down the trail and storage box ls like daylight with these fixtures..

Between the light bar (Yellow light) and while LED's the front trail is well lit. We can see light at the trees and it work take a strong spot beam to go further than we're able to penetrate now. No likely we can drive ahead of what we an see with them both on.
He was pleased and said I did not need more lights. I plan to add a dome light with a switch to finish the interior. I have the wires there already.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got the lights in and mounted up but not sure if I like them. Anyone else mounted lights here? think they'd be in the way?

fog lights 1.jpg

fog lights 2.jpg

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I have two Rigid pods mounted in the inside middle of my front bumper. This pic is a little older but shows the location. The location seems to protect them from the brush and stuff. I use yellow lexan covers for the dual purpose of protection and fog lighting. My main purpose for this location is fog lighting at night. If you have every been in the fog you know that the higher the lights are off the road the more light splash, and typically a top mounted light bar is practically unusable.
PC170009.JPG

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have two Rigid pods mounted in the inside middle of my front bumper. This pic is a little older but shows the location. The location seems to protect them from the brush and stuff. I use yellow lexan covers for the dual purpose of protection and fog lighting. My main purpose for this location is fog lighting at night. If you have every been in the fog you know that the higher the lights are off the road the more light splash, and typically a top mounted light bar is practically unusable.
I'll probably move them closer to the center. I was just worried if I put them in the hoop above the winch they may get damaged? Or get in the way when I use the winch?

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I'll probably move them closer to the center. I was just worried if I put them in the hoop above the winch they may get damaged? Or get in the way when I use the winch?
Mine are on the inside of the hoop but I have the bigger expensive bumper, but if I were you I would not worry about mounting them in the middle on top of the hoop. Just route the wires tight and into the grille. I have driven through plenty of brush and the Wolv just mows it over and anything in the trails is generally putting the roof mounted bars at risk.

·
Registered
91 Posts
View attachment 75750
Jim,
I have a pair of Rigid Dually D2 lights. They are on the grizzly right now, but I am thinking about moving them to the wolverine.
What kind of mounts did you use on your lights?

Here is the box for them and a pic of them turned up (you can see the mount)

IMAG0059.jpg
IMAG0109.jpg

I have the amber covers too.
I have only tried them out once in the snow.

IMAG0206.jpg

I bought and installed these back in 2012.
I have ridden twice at night since then.
Ha.

Reactions: Paul65

·
Registered
110 Posts
IMG_0867.JPG I like the light choice but I'd be careful mounting anything that's too low and not secured and set in from the bumper. There's so many things that can hit it and break it while riding if it's low and not tucked in. I mounted 2 pod lights up where the roll bar meets the hood and have them slightly angled out towards the side and have been really happy with them combined with my light bar mounted on the roof. Just be mindful when your riding and I guess if you get the cheaper amazon lights you can always just replace them since they aren't expensive to begin with. Ha! Good luck though and have fun!

·
Registered
110 Posts
IMG_0965.jpg IMG_0867.JPG View attachment 76778 I like the light choice but I'd be careful mounting anything that's too low and not secured and set in from the bumper. There's so many things that can hit it and break it while riding if it's low and not tucked in. I mounted 2 pod lights up where the roll bar meets the hood and have them slightly angled out towards the side and have been really happy with them combined with my light bar mounted on the roof. Just be mindful when your riding and I guess if you get the cheaper amazon lights you can always just replace them since they aren't expensive to begin with. Ha! Good luck though and have fun!

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Jim,
I have a pair of Rigid Dually D2 lights. They are on the grizzly right now, but I am thinking about moving them to the wolverine.
What kind of mounts did you use on your lights?

Here is the box for them and a pic of them turned up (you can see the mount)

I have the amber covers too.
I have only tried them out once in the snow.

I bought and installed these back in 2012.
I have ridden twice at night since then.
Ha.
I have a bumper just like DaveD in his post #13. I got two amazon rollbar P shaped brackets that I clamped in the center on the top bar and the lights are inside of that center bumper loop with the face of the lights at the face of the bumper. I figure if they get busted then I have a whole lot worse problems. They have never been threatened by trail riding with brush, limbs and small trees or periodic off rail bushwhacking. They are flood type and with the amber polycarbonate lenses covers, serve as fog lights and for that purpose being down lower to the ground is better than up high close to the windshield area to reflect off fog and create blinding glare. Being in the center out front they do not collect too much splash and mud but some, and if in fog then its easy to wipe off the covers periodically. They are a good backup to the 20" roof mounted light bar I have or sometimes they are superior lighting on tight closed winding trails.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I had pods mounted at the base of the cage at the hood on my Rhino for awhile. For my riding they caught a bunch of stuff and it seemed like I was always anxious over the potential snags and grabbing limbs and getting smacked. Decided not to do that again and happy so far on Wolv as limbs typically go up the cage and over.

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
2,635 Posts
Front bumper on mine is where I have a small light bar and its impossible to damage it unless you're breaking new trail through bush. Its high enough off the ground to be effective lighting (being Yellow)and virtually all branch are higher or need cutting if that high. Overall its the best place. On the side pillars above the window is next but branch can hook them easily if low enough. I'd say you have to examine your terrain if at the side pillars or roof line.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Figuring out where to mount a pair of Rigid lights that I ended up with was the hardest part of this project. The brackets are from Amazon ("Off-Road ATV UTV Light Bar Mounts Mounting Bracket Bar Clamp Kit..." by LAMPHUS) and are mounted on the nearly vertical bars on the stock bumper. The screws holding the bracket halves together could have been a bit longer, but the quality of the brackets seems pretty good--we'll see. The lights do protrude somewhat so that may prove to be a problem. Special thanks to MassiveOverkill for his wiring post (Wire kit Yamaha 5KM-86171-00-00). The Yamaha tilt down windshield made it pretty easy to get to the Allen head screws on the top of the dash since the little bottom section of the windshield easily flips up.
IMG_0050.jpeg

·
Registered
2017 Wolverine SE
2,635 Posts
That will work if you don't go through brush and light well ahead but not the trail/track with it that low. Try a night in the yard or trail if you can.

Reactions: Steve991
1 - 18 of 18 Posts