Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 x2 and want to install a light bar on roof but I'm worried about them being damaged. The trails we ride have a lot of over hanging branches..or lights on front. Anybody have any tips or videos of how the installed them.

·
Premium Member
2,054 Posts
You need long ROPS brackets to mount to the bars overhead or it will bounce. Plus it might bust roof. If light bar is long enough you can mount to side pillars.
I would mount a small bar to the bumper. Search forum, I have a bumper mount post.

·
Registered
364 Posts
I have mine mounted to the roof with no issues caused by low hanging branches over the past three years of riding. (Yamaha 15")

·
Premium Member
2,054 Posts
I have mine mounted to the roof with no issues caused by low hanging branches over the past three years of riding. (Yamaha 15")
Right, but where and how are you mounted? To the cross brace on the ROPS?

·
Registered
364 Posts
Yes I am.

Reactions: SKELLEY521

·
Banned
1,622 Posts
We go below the roof line, bar to bar or on the hood. We've still broke them in both places but it wouldn't make it very long on the top. One broke the mount and the other pulled the threads out, both repairable. There are a lot of times we push under stuff so hard the suspension compresses.

Not the best pick I just put it on.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I had limbs, etc. beat the crap out of this one and never an issue.

Reactions: Chebbyfan

·
Registered
364 Posts
No it didn't, just roof mount. It was originally designed for the YXZ 1000.

Reactions: Chebbyfan

·
Registered
112 Posts
Mounted on the roof with big washers on the underside.

·
Registered
24 Posts

Like movin2stereo mounted through roof with large washers. All stainless hardware. Went with single row low profile light bar to present less of a target for low hanging branches.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had limbs, etc. beat the crap out of this one and never an issue.

View attachment 93788 View attachment 93789
Any ideas on where to get mounts like that?

I have a 52" Harbor Freight lightbar I would like to mount similiar to this. I have it mounted now but bounces way more than I like. Mine is actually mounted above the roof right at the front but could change that easy enough.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Took me a bit to find where I got them, really great mounts, solid, zero movement.

Any ideas on where to get mounts like that?

I have a 52" Harbor Freight lightbar I would like to mount similiar to this. I have it mounted now but bounces way more than I like. Mine is actually mounted above the roof right at the front but could change that easy enough.

·
Premium Member
847 Posts
The clamp is available all over ebay. They are called a Bull Bar Clamp and priced anywhere from ~$12 - ~$16 for a pair or ~$21 for 4 of them. 2X 1.5"/1.75"/2" Bull Bar Roll Cage Mount Bracket Tube Clamps LED Light Holder | eBay
Pay close attention to the details when ordering to get the correct size for where you are mounting them. Also there use to be one that looks identical but with a shorter arm, the shorter arm won't always work like you may be wanting to use it. After you look at several you can pretty easily tell the shorter arm from the longer arm version. The longer arm is the most common.

Reactions: TN_Max

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks for the info

1 - 15 of 15 Posts