Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who has a lift ? What kind ? Are you happy with it.
I am thinking about ordering the Superatv lift.
Any member reviews ?

·
Registered
367 Posts
Realistically the super atv lift will be great. They are not a fly by night company and have been making this style lift for a long time. The Gorilla axle lift will also be a good lift and if I had my choice I would most likley go with it just for ease of instalation purposes so I could remove it easy for warranty purposes. Neither lift will have any stress on components and will have next to no ride style change as its 2 inch. The high lifter will most likely be the only lift to change ride cheractoristics but still I would have no issue with component wear .. I would put limit straps on it though just cus I am me and I would but I doubt you would need it

·
Banned
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Trev. I share those same thoughts. Just wanted some else's take. I agree with the gorilla lift but it is very pricey.
I think I'm leaning toward the Superatv.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Installed the SuperATV 2" lift this weekend along with 1.5" wheel spacers (all 4 wheels) and the Power Commander V. I gained a true 2" in height but lost 1" of width but by adding the 1.5" wheel spacers I ended up gaining 2" of width overall which was the plan to begin with. I measured everything before and after but I can not remember the numbers but it would have been different for me than a stock rig anyway since I already had aftermarket wheels and tires installed.

As for the PC-V, I immediately noticed a cooler exhaust temp (no more bright red glow) and I also noticed a little bit better throttle response.

The real test will come later this month when we go on a 5 day trip down at Flat Nasty Off-Road park in south central MO. Before then I'll be adding the Hunterworks sheave and slug kit as well!

Let me know if you have any questions. Overall everything was easy to install. The bed removal was a lot easier than I expected too.

·
Banned
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why did you remove the bed ?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Deeyoh, Did you have to hit the starter on your rig twice before it would stay running? and did the power commander cure this?

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Well, you need to break the machine in first. Sure it's pretty tight from the factory and may not get the crank speed it needs to fire off every time. I've ran the "you know what" out of mine. Plastic is probably gouged from me having the go pedal planted so much. LOL

·
Registered
86 Posts
Well, you need to break the machine in first. Sure it's pretty tight from the factory and may not get the crank speed it needs to fire off every time. I've ran the "you know what" out of mine. Plastic is probably gouged from me having the go pedal planted so much. LOL
Sounds reasonable. It sucks I have'nt had any seat time yet. All I have done since purchase is wrench on it and stare at it. Can't wait untill I can get out on the trail. Weather should be good this week and I am off work the next three days, gonna try and get some break in time.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Deeyoh is correct, removing the bed was the only way to get to some of the plugs. The lift was easy to install, just remove wheels, shocks, and install new brackets and hardware.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Ordered the Superatv 2" lift. I got a great price for cyber Monday from Tyler. Can't wait to get it installed.

·
Banned
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Can somebody tell me the length of the 6 long spacers and the 2 short spacers ? I believe I was shipped the incorrect length spacers. I believe the long should be 1 1/8" and the short should be 1". I was shipped (6) 1" and (2) 5/8" . I have contacted Superatv but have not heard back from them.

·
Banned
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok spoke with Superatv today. Wrong hardware and instructions were wrong. Sent knew instructions and I found errors in that version. Spoke with them again and they corrected those errors and resent new instructions to me. They appear to be correct. They will be sending me new hardware. All errors were with spacer lengths, quantity and locations. If I get new hardware tomorrow I will do install. If it all seems correct I will post their latest instruction version. I will say Kavin from Superatv was great to work with and stayed on the issue until corrected.

·
Banned
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Install instructions come with kit. 4 or 5 pages with pics. Original had just 2 spacers on front crossbar now there are 4. 2 short and 2 long. Rear now uses 2 per side not 3.

·
Banned
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I was sent an old version and absolutely wrong size spacers.

·
Banned
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If you go to thread " new Superatv lift" page 2 and click on "here" in Fordtruckman post those are the second version they sent me. Those have changed. I will see if I can post my latest version.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.