Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,050 Posts
The only example of axles breaking I have seen so far was with serious wheel spacers being used. One member on here has a 66" track width with his lift, and that is a full 5" wider than me with my 3.5" lift. As long as you keep it somewhere in the ballpark of stock width you should have no issues at all.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
The only example of axles breaking I have seen so far was with serious wheel spacers being used. One member on here has a 66" track width with his lift, and that is a full 5" wider than me with my 3.5" lift. As long as you keep it somewhere in the ballpark of stock width you should have no issues at all.
I assume you are talking about me FTM :) Since I went to Rhino axles I have not had any issues at all. The first 3 axles (2 OEM and 1 cheap aftermarket) I broke was in some pretty extreme situations and I knew what I was doing was pushing their limits.

In general I don't think anyone is having axle issues with or without lifts. I am a rare case but most of that is due to my riding style and terrain I ride. And even I have not broke an axle the last 3-4 trips in the park I broke the first 3 plus a trip to Moab. I even thought about selling some of my spares recently. I have 4 spares for the front and 1 for the rear LOL

Reactions: atkbike

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
I'm having trouble loading pics from my phone but there are some pic in my photos folder on here I believe. I'll post some Monday when I get back to work. Doesn't look that big to me but it is 66" for sure front and rear. 1.5" spacer, 5+2 off set wheels, and 9" tire in front and 11" in rear. The Pitbull Growlers are a bit wider than they say tho

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.