Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking at doing a lift kit. 2" is all i am looking for. i see super atv has one. does anyone else make one? and what one is the better one to go with. did it change the ride and handling?

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
I put my super ATV on when machine was basically new. Went on easy

·
Banned
420 Posts
2" superatv on mine. No issues.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
whats the difference between superatv and gorilla? whats portals?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have the Highlifter 3.5" Lift. I have not had any problems and I love it. The only thing I would think people might not like is that it stiffens the ride. I'm getting used to it.

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Running the Gorilla 2" lift. The difference is the SuperATV uses brackets on top of the shocks and the Gorilla uses billet spacers on the bottom of the shocks.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Running the Gorilla 2" lift. The difference is the SuperATV uses brackets on top of the shocks and the Gorilla uses billet spacers on the bottom of the shocks.
do they ride / handle different? is one better then the other?

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Not really sure. I haven't compared the ride on both but I didn't notice any difference in ride with the gorilla's. Just less bumping the bottom in ruts and able to go through a few more mud holes that I was always bottoming out in.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
would you say the lift kit affected the stability of the machine or do you feel it did not affect it?

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
I don't think it affected it at all but I am also 66" wide front and rear. I ride a lot of off-camber trails and have yet to feel unstable. These machine's have a low COG to start with so I don't think a 2" lift or even the 3.5" will have much affect.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Has anybody contacted Super ATV and gotten a discount on a lift kit. I've been trying but haven't gotten a response back yet, just wondering if anyone else had any issues

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
They offered a deal to members awhile back for 159 delivered. Was before christmas.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Has anybody contacted Super ATV and gotten a discount on a lift kit. I've been trying but haven't gotten a response back yet, just wondering if anyone else had any issues
enter code wolverine at checkout
they've posted it on here before
but really any of their codes is going to give you the same 10%

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks for the code. just ordered mine today.

·
Premium Member
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
just got the 2" super atv lift installed. anyone have any where issues on the radiator hose? IMG_1721.jpg
its really close. just wondering from vibration if you have any problems.

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
I used zip ties to hold it away a bit.

Reactions: VTpoolman

·
Registered
124 Posts
I wonder why the Gorilla lift is so much more expensive than the superatv. I realize they are completely different types of lifts but I would have expected the gorilla style to be cheaper. Did any of you guys with the superatv lift lose any suspension travel or ride quality. My 28's are rubbing on all 4 corners but I really don't want to stiffen my shocks up any because I like the way it rides now.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts