Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed a lift kit on there wolverine yet, and what wheel offset will keep the stock width. I want to add a lift and new wheels and tires when I get one.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I haven't seen a lift kit available yet. I'm running the msa kore wheels 14in..

14 x 7 4 +2 offset.. See my pictures for fitment..

In general wheels that fit grzzly 550, 700 and viking will fit the wolverine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did your wheels make it any wider, they look really good on it.

·
Registered
575 Posts
They made the grizzly wider for sure, however, on the wolverine they don't look to much wider than stock.

I'm sure it is wider now, but not by much. Keep in mind I'm running 10in wide in the front, and 12in wide in the rear..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Epic didn't see how wide your tires were that would make it more.
I was trying too find a set of wheels that would keep the factory offset. I do want to go to 14 inch wheels.

·
Registered
575 Posts
You could get the same tires in 12 and fit on the factory wheels..I have a friend running 28 sti outback on factory steel wheels. Most tires up to 28 inch typically come in 12in and 14in.. Even some 30's

I prefer the look of the larger wheels, and the stability increases as well. I can tell you, I think fender flare are a must even with stock tires.

Look at the rear tires, still under the rear fender.
215-albums9-picture361.jpg

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the updates, I'm still waiting on my RZR to sell before I can get a Wolverine.
I just like to have things ready.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I just talked to high lifter, I might take the wolverine to be the mock up unit for the wolverine lift kit.

The sucky part I was 10 minutes from them last weekend riding.. Ugh

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's great let me know what they come up with.

·
Registered
575 Posts
That's great let me know what they come up with.
I literally just received the email back. It's not a good deal for me considering I don't need the lift right now. I do want one through.

The estimate is between $300-600 plus it's going to cost me about $120 in gas round trip to drop it off and another $120 to pick it up.. And he estimates they might need it a month...

Do it's aI no go for me, had they agreed to do it at no cost to me and a 2 week window. I'd spend the $240 in gas to have the lift and boost the parts available for the wolverine community.

I just can't justify possible $800 and a month for a bracket lift

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I could not do that either, they will get one don't worry about that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts