Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just curious if mounts for an led light bar mounted on the roof really needs the extra mounts that clamp on the front of the cage?

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
I've wondered that. I'm going to the cage just to avoid flickering from vibration. I think the roof material flexes enough to vibrate some under speed.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
The roof is way to flimsy to support a light bar. The bar will shake and vibrate until it breaks the plastic. Not to mention any low hanging limbs, etc

·
November WOTM Winner!
883 Posts
I've wondered that. I'm going to the cage just to avoid flickering from vibration. I think the roof material flexes enough to vibrate some under speed.
To be honest I've seen more vibration while idling than at speed. But either way I think some support is needed

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks guys....appreciate the info....any particular clamps that is preferred? And what is the diameter of the roll cage bar?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'll take some pics for you then, I drilled through the roof to one of the clamps that is secured to the bar. The clamp is 1.5in diameter. It is solid!!! I tried to shake and their is no vibration at all. Clamps I got off ebay. I got this idea from another person on here who did the same set up.

Came out better than I thought.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome....that'd be great Sum Ding Wong

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How long is your light bar, Sum Ding Wong?

·
Registered
2022 Rmax 2 Sport
220 Posts
Do you have a part # for those clamps? Looks good!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.