Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any info about whether you can use the 2016 grizzly led headlights as a replacement light in the wolverine. They look to be about the same size and I'd love to have the brightness of the leds on my wolverine.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. I did look it up and see that the stock replacements are the same as the Viking so if you could find a LED bulb that worked in the Viking, it would work in the Wolverine.

Reactions: MLogan83

·
Registered
13 Posts
I changed headlight bulb with LED one on my RZR 570, they use H4 type:

h4_lead_headlamp.jpg

It's great and simple/cheap setup :)

I do not know what type of bulb is on Wolverine, but you can check in owners manual and order two - but LED type.

One question: do you know where to download Wolverine PDF owners manual? I love to read owners manual before buying SSV ;)

·
Registered
160 Posts
I was kinda peeved when they released the 2016 Grizzly with the LED'S. We all bought 2016 year model Wolverines and chucked out a few bucks in the process. I hope the Grizz bulbs fit the Wolverines!! If anyone does so, just let us know. :cool:

·
Registered
385 Posts
There's no doubt that the headlights are lacking. Should of had led"s.would like to replace as well.

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Here's the part number... 5ST-H4314-10-00 but looking at it. Looks like a lower watt standard H4 connection. Hmmmm. that would open up a lot of options there. Will see if a spare H4 will fit.

·
Super Moderator
2,049 Posts
You could always upgrade to HIDs. I run them in my raptor and grizzly. Cheap too for the light output. I have approximately 5000 lumens out of the stock housings. I used a kit from ddm tuning. In fact I run that same kit in my F250. Bright as hell.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Care to share a link for them? Just want to check and wait for your report :D hehe.
https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/daytime-running-lights/h4-led-bulb-12-led-daytime-running-light/1267/2940/

Someone on this thread stated the Viking / wolverine bulb # was the same therefore the Viking led should work. Trial and error I guess lol. They only switch on with high beam , but I don't care at least the crappy yellow faint light will be gone!!!!!!!! It will look better with my 42" bar

·
Super Moderator
2,049 Posts
https://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo/daytime-running-lights/h4-led-bulb-12-led-daytime-running-light/1267/2940/

Someone on this thread stated the Viking / wolverine bulb # was the same therefore the Viking led should work. Trial and error I guess lol. They only switch on with high beam , but I don't care at least the crappy yellow faint light will be gone!!!!!!!! It will look better with my 42" bar
That bulb says it only puts out 380 lumens...that's really dim. That is about 25-30% of the light output of a standard halogen "crappy yellow" headlight bulb. It may appear bright if you stare at it, but it won't put much usable light on the trail for you. Something like THIS or THIS would be a better option. Here is what I run on my bikes.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I set up my original lights and they are plenty good for getting up and down the trails in the dark,i wouldn't give up my low beams as they work better in foggy conditions and don't blind the person in front of you

1 - 20 of 59 Posts