Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Yamaha Wolverine X2 XTR 850
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what is everyone doing for larger drink holders on the 2021 X2/X4? The ones at the front of the console are to small unless you use a tall tumbler. And when you use that tall tumbler it covers everything on the dash.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
433 Posts
My yeti doesn’t fit in there and if you put anything in there uninsulated it better be coffee.

·
Registered
266 Posts
whisky glass for me LOL, it is super annoying in the X2 that they block things. A water bottle you can get around to access the switches and the stereo too...but still not conveniant.

I honestly use the cup holders to hold keys and stuff most of the time and grab a drink from the cooler when stopped.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Years ago they made tapered cup holders that went into the hole and tapered out bigger but for the wolverine it might hit the dash.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Any standard thermos like a Contigo from Costco fits fine.

I actually found taking the time to foam insulate the cup holder was one of those comfort gains worth the time. Now I can just throw a water bottle in there and it stays cool.

Reactions: KeithStone76

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Any standard thermos like a Contigo from Costco fits fine.
View attachment 95402

I actually found taking the time to foam insulate the cup holder was one of those comfort gains worth the time. Now I can just throw a water bottle in there and it stays cool.
Unfortunately, my cup holders are useless especially with the Mods I have done. I don't have the height or width I want and I don't want my Tumblers blocking my switches. They will be there just to hold small items like keys etc... I have come up with a few ideas for large Cup Holders in other locations.. Will be testing those options soon... :)

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just get the RAM swivel cup holders and you can mount them anywhere. Ram Mount Link.
That was my first go to. the $20 model is pretty small but has great reviews. They make a $40 model that is much larger and adjustable but it has horrible reviews about having a terrible center of gravity. I think that may be due to adjusting for larger tumblers where as the smaller holder has no adjustment.

https://www.amazon.com/RAM-Mount-RA...ywords=ram+drink+holder&qid=1622898391&sr=8-2

I found this one which looks promising and can be adapted to Ram Ball Mounts. A lot of Harley Owners say it is the best out there.

https://www.amazon.com/Ciro-Big-Ass-Drink-Holder-Black-no-mount/dp/B07C2QBQH4/ref=cm_wl_huc_item

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
I'm currently using a china clone of the small one and it's fine, not the build quality of Ram nor the clamping ability, so when I upgrade, I'll go to the RAM mount that I use for my phone.
I do a lot of tight-technical riding, so my car is at any given angle. With most mounts, they only self level one direction.
Look at Marine/Boat cup holders. I remember seeing one that has duel joint swivels so it does 360 if that's something that interest you.

Reactions: Venom

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
This one will be my next purchase. Self leveling that clamps on passenger bar for the wife.
My china clone of the older mount just levels one direction. Not optimal for my riding style, but it works better than a fixed position for sure.

Reactions: Venom

·
Premium Member
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This one will be my next purchase. Self leveling that clamps on passenger bar for the wife.
My china clone of the older mount just levels one direction. Not optimal for my riding style, but it works better than a fixed position for sure.

View attachment 95424
I think that is a great idea for the Girlfriend.. (y)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Mine fit nice and snug.

Reactions: SKELLEY521

·
Registered
2021 X4 XTR 850
9 Posts
Stanley 20 oz insulated. Fits well. Keeps cold stuff cold and hot stuff hot without even flipping a switch. I also use it for biking as it fits a bottle cage.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts