Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 5 gallon fuel pack i carry on my grizzly and wanted to be able to carry it in my wolverine. I didn't want to drill holes in my bed, so after some thought I came up with this.
I used the groove for storing the tailgate and cut a 2x6 to fit.
KIMG0457.JPG

Then I screwed the mount plate to the 2x6

KIMG0458.JPG

It fits perfectly

KIMG0459.JPG

And takes up very little space

KIMG0462.JPG

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Trev!

·
Registered
211 Posts
It is a great idea. I was going to buy the 5 gallon rotopax, but was afraid that it would limit how much, and how I could fit things in the bed. I thought about putting it up there in the front of the bed somehow, but have never owned a rotopax and was skeptical about having 5 gallons of fuel right behind me that could blow up. I ended up going with the 3 gallon one and was amazed with it. They really do not leak, and the plastic is very heavy gauge. In hindsight, I wish I had done the same thing. Nice work.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I have the same tank I'm definitely going to use your great idea. Thanks

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys! Now that I think about it, I guess if I needed the space i could replace the tailgate with the fuel pack and open up a little more space

·
Super Moderator
1,834 Posts
Ohhhh, another idea. what if you bolted the mounts TO the tailgate. Then you could put it front and back, plus it has the rubber straps to hold it down.

·
November WOTM Winner!
877 Posts
Looks good!

I guess I'm fortunate enough that with our trail system we have a place that you can get fuel about every 30 miles or so.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Hammer As I told you in your original great idea so I borrower your idea here is my tank installed 20150930_102434.jpg 20150930_102617.jpg 20150905_115014.jpg

Reactions: Deeyoh

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Looks good!
Does the thinner plate fit tight?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Yes but here is the good news that plate and tank was on the front rack of my Honda rubicon, all I did was move it over to wolverine it fit like it was made for it I used zip ties to fasten to the back two hold downs. And had plenty of room for my chest.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sweet! I took mine to WV a few weeks ago and put on a little better than 80 miles a day. We stopped for lunch and gas around 3 both days and i never got below half a tank. The 900 RZR with me needed my spare fuel, but I never got close to needing it. I would rather have it and not need it than the other way around though. You never know where a good ride might take you and it very well could be far away from a gas station!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Where did you ride in WV. We're going to bluefield next week for 4 days riding Indian ridge, pennicle and Pocahontis. We're in central WV and ride all of hatfields a lot.

Reactions: CPAGE75 and Clay

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We stayed at the wagon wheel, got gas in northfork and bramwell

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
have never owned a rotopax and was skeptical about having 5 gallons of fuel right behind me that could blow up. I ended up going with the 3 gallon one and was amazed with it.
I don't think you would ever feel the difference between a 3 gal and a 5 gal explosion. :p

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Hey not a problem.............A...I just joined the site......And B....I was just joking.....no harm intended

1 - 20 of 26 Posts