Yamaha Wolverine Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 5 gallon fuel pack i carry on my grizzly and wanted to be able to carry it in my wolverine. I didn't want to drill holes in my bed, so after some thought I came up with this.
I used the groove for storing the tailgate and cut a 2x6 to fit.

Then I screwed the mount plate to the 2x6

It fits perfectly

And takes up very little space

·
Registered
211 Posts
It is a great idea. I was going to buy the 5 gallon rotopax, but was afraid that it would limit how much, and how I could fit things in the bed. I thought about putting it up there in the front of the bed somehow, but have never owned a rotopax and was skeptical about having 5 gallons of fuel right behind me that could blow up. I ended up going with the 3 gallon one and was amazed with it. They really do not leak, and the plastic is very heavy gauge. In hindsight, I wish I had done the same thing. Nice work.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I have the same tank I'm definitely going to use your great idea. Thanks

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys! Now that I think about it, I guess if I needed the space i could replace the tailgate with the fuel pack and open up a little more space

·
Registered
385 Posts
Hammer As I told you in your original great idea so I borrower your idea here is my tank installed

Reactions: Deeyoh

·
Registered
385 Posts
Yes but here is the good news that plate and tank was on the front rack of my Honda rubicon, all I did was move it over to wolverine it fit like it was made for it I used zip ties to fasten to the back two hold downs. And had plenty of room for my chest.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sweet! I took mine to WV a few weeks ago and put on a little better than 80 miles a day. We stopped for lunch and gas around 3 both days and i never got below half a tank. The 900 RZR with me needed my spare fuel, but I never got close to needing it. I would rather have it and not need it than the other way around though. You never know where a good ride might take you and it very well could be far away from a gas station!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Where did you ride in WV. We're going to bluefield next week for 4 days riding Indian ridge, pennicle and Pocahontis. We're in central WV and ride all of hatfields a lot.

Reactions: CPAGE75 and Clay

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
have never owned a rotopax and was skeptical about having 5 gallons of fuel right behind me that could blow up. I ended up going with the 3 gallon one and was amazed with it.
I don't think you would ever feel the difference between a 3 gal and a 5 gal explosion. :p

·
Premium Member
557 Posts
Hey not a problem.............A...I just joined the site......And B....I was just joking.....no harm intended

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.